Opeth's Greatest Record?

Opeth is one of those bands with no one true masterpiece, or at least none as we see now. Maybe in 20 or so years we can look back and then be able to pick out one that truly has stood the test of time as an album above the rest, but so far its a major toss-up.

They're all great. Every album differs, I think... But I think that My Arms, Your Hearse is probably my overall favorite. What makes Opeth brilliant can't be summed up on one record.

Given that I've not been able to hear anything but Orchid, Blackwater, Deliverence, and Damnation... I'm going to have to say that Blackwater is the most solid all the way around.

i don't think you're going to get a definitive answer here. for me it would be MAYH or still life, because they have the best feel as albums, and concepts too which help an album seem cooler when done right.
just get the ones you're missing and enjoy them all :D

Well first, its great to see no-one got really pissed off with yet another what is the best/greatest/diverse/complete Opeth album.
We need new members to post "new" topics.
But lets use some imagination.
Well Orchid for me at the moment.
That will change.
Thats the point.
I guess if you asked me again in 2 weeks it might be different.

*waves to Freddy* Hi there! :p
anyway, Still Life is quickly becoming my new favorite..some of the song writing (Moonlapse Vertigo) is so frickin cool that i think it almost makes BWP a bit less cool...lol

How could anyone favour Blackwater Park? It was the first one I owned/heard songs from (only last winter), and it has already become my favourite. My order, as it has been for a while, is:

- Still Life
- Morningrise
- MAYH
- Orchid
- Deliverance
- Damnation
- Blackwater Park

BWP seems to have lost the passion of the previous albums at times. It's still great, but there's something missing...