Grind

Well, lve been out of the scene for a while now but back in the day
l would have said the first 2 Carcass records are essential, along with
Brutal Truth' debut, the first couple of LP's and first EP of Napalm Death, Terrorizer' first, ENT' , Agothocles, Soar Throat, Cripple Bastards, Righteous Pigs, Bolt Thrower, Repulsion, Defecation, Disharmonic Orchestra

Later l got into Gut, Impetigo, Exit-13, Nasum, Vaginal Carnage, Beanflipper, Undinism, Assuck, The Kill, Fuck...im dead, Hemdale, Exhumed..

no doubt someone will say, well, that band are not exactly grind or that band is this core or this core or whatever...
l dont really care...all these bands are grind to me

l have not heard a lot of the bands mentioned in this thread before, and will enjoy looking up some names l may have heard of but not yet listened to.

They're pretty simple, but I really dig the vocals and just how raw they sound. Anyone like GridLink? I was listening to them earlier today, and remembered how awesome Amber Gray is.

Well, lve been out of the scene for a while now but back in the day
l would have said the first 2 Carcass records are essential, along with
Brutal Truth' debut, the first couple of LP's and first EP of Napalm Death, Terrorizer' first, ENT' , Agothocles, Soar Throat, Cripple Bastards, Righteous Pigs, Bolt Thrower, Repulsion, Defecation, Disharmonic Orchestra

Later l got into Gut, Impetigo, Exit-13, Nasum, Vaginal Carnage, Beanflipper, Undinism, Assuck, The Kill, Fuck...im dead, Hemdale, Exhumed..

no doubt someone will say, well, that band are not exactly grind or that band is this core or this core or whatever...
l dont really care...all these bands are grind to me

l have not heard a lot of the bands mentioned in this thread before, and will enjoy looking up some names l may have heard of but not yet listened to.

excellent taste my friend. :headbang:

And you are wrong so shut up.

But anyway, on the topic of Kill The Client...haven't heard the new one yet myself. I have been meaning to pick it up.

Those denying grind's metalness which is readily apparent a lot of the time have to listen to Repulsion, Terrorizer, Pig Destroyer, Rotten Sound, et al before doing so.

Pure grind is hardcore punk with blast beats but most of the originators bordered on death metal a lot of the time.

I can very rarely tell the difference in "deathgrind" and "goregrind" (other than the usually gurgled vox) and just good ol' "grind"

Not that I dislike grind or am saying anything bad about it...

I can very rarely tell the difference in "deathgrind" and "goregrind" (other than the usually gurgled vox) and just good ol' "grind"

Sometimes it's obvious this gore/core thing, but sometimes there's just a thin line between gore and core. I seriously don't know what's the point of saying "IT'S GORE NOT CORE" when the best bands may be on the border, and goregrind just evolved from grindcore.

To the previous topic, I always considered all kinds of grinds to be subgenres of metal (not crust/d-beat though, which is hc), I may be wrong though, I don't really care. For me it's metal.

So I was just checking some new bands on the OEF bill and I came across a cool czech grindcore band Amoclen (http://www.bandzone.cz/amoclen) and a Russian gore act Septicopyemia, I was listening to their new EP Hungry Asses and it's very good sounding, anyone into gore will like this imo (http://www.myspace.com/septicopyemia).

EDIT: Another thing I haven't heard yet is Ultimo Mondo Cannibale, any opinions?