Grindcore/Hardcore

I like Napalm death, brutal truth, pig destroyer, agoraphobic nosebleed and erm dunno what else.

Demiurge said:
I ignore people who think I exist to do their homework. If one can't figure out how Sabbath influenced the NWOBHM, I'm not going to explain.

I completely understand how black sabbath influenced the whole NWOBHM movement, but Black Sabbath influencing Venom as a singular band? Back up your statements, if you can.

Koichi said:
I completely understand how black sabbath influenced the whole NWOBHM movement, but Black Sabbath influencing Venom as a singular band? Back up your statements, if you can.

Do you guys think that Grindcore bands were influenced by punk and hardcore? I think that some of Napalm Death's stuff is faster punk/hardcore with blasbeats.

Grindoce is almost a complete shoot-off of hardcore and crust.

D.R.I. (a hardcore band) recorded the first blastbeat in '82/83 with the song So Sence on the Dirty Rotten LP.

Crass, Discharge were also heavily influencial to grindcore. Discharge coined the term "noise not music", That pretty much sums up grindcore. Extreme Noise Terror also did a split with Chaos UK.

Napalm Death also started off as an anarcho band, later they turned into a crust, then thrash (not like thresh metal, more like Heresy), then later grindcore with the second side of Scum.

Anyways, there's some pretty good hardcore around today, check out Six Weeks Records, or hardcorehalocaust.com.

Municipal Waste, Holier Than Thou? & World Burns To Death, go check them out.

It's hardcoreholocaust.com...

Rather than continue the wankfest about who started grindcore and all that, I suggest looking for (ie downloading, as it's out of print) a compilation called The North Atlantic Noise Attack. It's a pretty good document of the scene that was around in the UK when Napalm Death first got 'big'. Different styles of hardcore and thrash, with ND being on the most 'extreme' end. It is a bit incomplete, as it's missing bands like Hellbastard, Electro Hippies, and Doom; and it has some US stuff on it as well, most of which sucks, but anyway...

metal-core,grind-core,hard-core:

BRUTAL TRUTH

EARLY NAPALM DEATH(till' 1990)

NASUM

SEPTIC DEATH

NUCLEAR ASSAULT

DISCHARGE

AGNOSTIC FRONT

ACCUSED

EARLY D.R.I.

S.O.D. 's "speak english or die"(not the actual crap!)

WERMACHT

SPAZZTIC BLUR

EARLY SICK OF IT ALL

:Spin:

Grindcore is the shit if done well... Origin, Cryptopsy (which may be tech-death to some but it pushes on to nearly grindcore) and Dying Fetus are all prime examples of grindcore done well... Hardcore... too punk for me.. not my thing