Groovy/Atmospheric Piece

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Alright, I'm getting a lot better at this mixing stuff, but still not quite that great. I'm getting a new soundcard and DFH this weekend, however, so that should prove quite handy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/deadskinslayer36_music.htm

The very top one, Anubis, and if you'd like, you can hear it in it's various stages below.

Guitar wise, I ran my Schecter C-1 Stealth with a DD in the bridge through a Behringer V-amp2. Bass was an Ibanez SDGR 5 string with an EMG 89/89 set, through the V-amp2 with the preamp modelling bypassed. The lead at the end was my Jackson RR-1 (JB Neck) through the V-amp2.

Drums were a DM4 module for kick and snare, and NSkit for the one tom and cymbals

There's one hangup in the middle of it, and I want to have the song fade-out at the end, but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it in Nuendo 2; so if anyone could shed some light on that, that'd be great.

Musically, I like it a lot. It reminds me a bit of Acle Beeble's Tesseract, but with a less Meshuggah-more-traditional-metal vibe to it. Let me what you guys think, would change, do in the future, etc.

Sounded good to me. Yes, musically it was fucking nice as hell. I think the thing that stood out the most as needing improvement was the volumes...rhythm guitars could have been louder. I really like the lead tones. Maybe a bit of compression on the drums could have beefed them up a bit. Overall I liked it eh.