Guess who met MegadetH yesterday?

GregadetH

ENCYCLOPEDIA SLAYTANICA
Mar 13, 2002
Your FKN' face!
Visit site
If you guessed GregadetH - you'd be right!

Dave was super cool manchu and I got the entire band to sign my copy of the limited ed. greatest hits package. James McDonough had on the same Dimebag Darrell shirt as me. We bonded over that. j/k

Anyhoo, anyone who says MegadetH suck now has to see them live. The drovers are a team rivaled only by Marty and Nick and in turn keep Mustaine tighter than a nuns ass. Damn near studio perfect solos and vocals.

So much old skool shit got played. Here's what I can remember.

Blackmail The Universe
Set The World Afire
Skin O' My Teeth
The Scorpion
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Die Dead Enough
She Wolf
Reckoning Day
A Toute Le Monde
Angry Again
Trust
Hangar 18
Sweating Bullets
Tornado Of Souls
Kick The Chair
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

They played 19 songs in all. Ripped right through 'em. One after the other. Dave said, "We don't have a lot of time tonight so I'm not gonna talk much. if you wanna talk to me, call me, email me or meet me after the show but as far as talking right now, I ain't gonna fuckin' do it. We're gonna play as many songs in as little time as possible."

The place went nuts. And lemme tell ya..before dream theatre came on this place filled up. Quick.

Dillinger Escape Plan need to die. The suck. AND they made the usual sister being your wife joke b/c they were in the south. They didn't go over so well after that.

NEVERMORE was the absolute shiz o nit. FF, DRY KILL LOGIC and LIFE OF AGONY all had great sound and played damn good, if not short sets.

I missed half of DT's set while waiting in the autograph line for MegadetH..but I can forgive myself for that.

Apparantley Symphony X never made it to the show. The guy in front of me asked dave why and he was like "What the fuck? Symphony X aren't here? james, have you seen Symphony X?" James; "No, I haven't." Dave; "FUCK! How come I haven't heard of this shit yet? I've got this guy telling me!" Glenn; "Who runs the show around here?" Dave; "Fuck if I know."

Then the whole band laughed and kept signing shit.

The part I saw of DT was amazing. Not one band there sounded anything less than perfect.

Watch out Ozzfest. Gigantour's breathin' down yer neck.

BTW, FF played the first minute or so of 'WALK' and let the crowd sing to it.:headbang: R.I.P. Dime.

autograph.jpg

Thats awesome man! I wish I could meet the band too. Im going to the Jones Beach show on August 23rd. It should be awesome. Im really looking forward to seeing Nevermore, DT, and ESPECIALLY Megadeth.

JohnThrax said:
Thats awesome man! I wish I could meet the band too. Im going to the Jones Beach show on August 23rd. It should be awesome. Im really looking forward to seeing Nevermore, DT, and ESPECIALLY Megadeth.

Buy any cd from any band there..get a wristband to meet them in the autograph line before or after their set.

ANY band.

:headbang:

GregadetH said:
Buy any cd from any band there..get a wristband to meet them in the autograph line before or after their set.

ANY band.

wow! I just might do that with Nevermore and maybe Megadeth. I dont want to miss DT or Deth though :yell:

JohnThrax said:
wow! I just might do that with Nevermore and maybe Megadeth. I dont want to miss DT or Deth though :yell:

You won't miss Deth. They go on last w/no signings during. They actually sign last. And DT had all presigned shit..so you wouldn't even get to meet them.

I'm going to Jones Beach on the 23rd too. I bought the super ridiculous tickets as a gift for my husband for Father's Day and now I think I might want to kick myself in the ass if you can just buy a CD and meet Megadeth. Grrr. There are some extra perks though so I hope it is all worth the money.

I'm glad to hear he was super cool, though.

Did you see Life of Agony? How were they? I'm only really looking forward to Life of Agony, Fear Factory and of course, Megadeth.

JohnThrax, have you been to Jones Beach before and, if so, what is like? This is my first time. Is it indoors, outdoors, seating on the floor, general admission? Thanks!!!

LOA put on an awesome performance. Go take a pee break duting Dillinger though. A long pee break. These guys are like a train wreck. If you take the time to notice, you stare horrifically until it's over.

Luckily DEP wasn't on the bill out here in Irvine. I've heard their stuff before and I certainly wasn't disappointed they weren't there.

Regarding Symphony X, the story on the Gigantour forums is one of their crew members had a medical emergency and the tour bus didn't make it to Atlanta. BTW, they are damn good.

eighteeschick said:
I'm going to Jones Beach on the 23rd too. I bought the super ridiculous tickets as a gift for my husband for Father's Day and now I think I might want to kick myself in the ass if you can just buy a CD and meet Megadeth. Grrr. There are some extra perks though so I hope it is all worth the money.

I'm glad to hear he was super cool, though.

Did you see Life of Agony? How were they? I'm only really looking forward to Life of Agony, Fear Factory and of course, Megadeth.

JohnThrax, have you been to Jones Beach before and, if so, what is like? This is my first time. Is it indoors, outdoors, seating on the floor, general admission? Thanks!!!

Jones Beach is a outdoor arena,it's cool the water is right there and the sound can be really good,but keep an eye on the weather though you might wanna pack some poncho's with ya,we got poured on for Priest at Ozzfest last year it was great. :headbang:

GregadetH said:

ANY band.

That's what Tim Dralle did. Buy MoMD and get it signed by Anthrax at the meet and greet.
Glad you got to meet Megadeth, Gregadeth.

Wcfya said:
eighteeschick - it sounds like you won't be disappointed. Saw this on Bravewords.com, they always post Dave's messages from the Megadeth forum http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=31114

Thanks! I"ve been by the stage for shows but only for general admission. When you get these tickets, you either a) get in the first four rows or b) get in earlier if its general admission. But I still don't know if Jones Beach is general admission or seating. I sooo hope its seating, not because I"ll be sitting, but it would be nice to enjoy a show up close and not have to get kicked around in the process.