Guilty pleasure songs.

Grumble Grumble

We die We all...
Oct 29, 2006
Saginaw,Michigan, USA
There may be a thread such as this already, i apologize in advance if there is.

So...music that doesnt fit into your main musical regime...discuss.....

Me; i listen to primarily metal obviously.....But i also listen to a fair selection of dance music, and old classic stuff(CCR and simon and garfunkle come to mind).

i shall post more "embarassments" in due time.. lol

your turn...

Guilty Pleasures:

some Primus songs(shit band)
some Ween songs(also ridiculous)
The Cranberries
80's R.E.M
Black Metal in general
Concrete Blonde
Tears for Fears
The Cardigans

Guilty Pleasures:

some Ween songs(also ridiculous)
Tears for Fears
Ween is great. Quebec is actually a solid album and everyone here should hear the song "Transglobal Celebration".

Tears for Fears have always been a GP of mine too:cool:
along with tons of other 80's stuff.

I also like some of John Mayers stuff (fantastic Blues guitarist)
Incubus
Journey's "Faithfully" is also a great song.
Man there are too many!

Some song picks:

Moby - Porcelain
Cranberries - Zombie
R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (tv-show The Office killed that one for me though) :lol:
Once a year or so I also put on some '98 techno/trance songs I enjoyed at 12-13 and get sick of them after 15 mins

I don't think anyone should be "embarrassed" of what they listen to. Guilty pleasures? Fuck it...like what you want!

But besides metal...I enjoy Shoegaze/Dream Pop, 50's and 60's pop/rock music, 80's pop, some industrial/martial industrial here and there, Cranberries, Jeff Buckley, Ours, Cure, a few modern prog/art rock bands, Creedence Clearwater Revival, newer indie stuff like Bright Eyes, Cursive...Thursday, Thrice. I'm mainly open to anything besides modern shit hip hop or modern pop country music.

I also like some of John Mayers stuff (fantastic Blues guitarist)
This guy should be drawn and quartered with his testicles in his mouth for the sole fact of coming up with the despicable atrocities that are "Daughters" and "Waiting on the World to Change". There's not a lot of music that I absolutely cannot stand, but words cannot describe how I despise those mentioned songs :ill: :puke:

On topic, some of my 'guilty pleasures':
- Pet Shop Boys (I really like their albums "Please", "Disco", "Actually" and "Introspective")
- A-ha
- some classic Madonna stuff

For the rest it's just individual songs like Galleon "I Begin", Kylie Minogue "Confide in Me", Freemasons "Uninvited" (great A. Morissette cover version), Annie "Heartbeat", Jam & Spoon "Right in the Night", Black "Wonderful Life"...

The classic Tears for Fears songs are great indeed.

I listen to a lot of stuff labled under mallcore and hot topic music, but I live in Germany and have never seen an Hot Topic store (for which I'm quite grateful).

And then some classical stuff, synthiepop and Ska, my secret love besides Metal.

A-HA has pretty nice songs, and so had Simon & Garfunkel.
I try to remember what I am guilty for listening to......
I like ballads, cheesy ballads. Boygroup ballads like "You raise me up" from Westlife or "Incomplete" form the Backstreet boys
Also "The day after tomorrow" and "Back for good" from Take that. :D

This guy should be drawn and quartered with his testicles in his mouth for the sole fact of coming up with the despicable atrocities that are "Daughters" and "Waiting on the World to Change". There's not a lot of music that I absolutely cannot stand, but words cannot describe how I despise those mentioned songs :ill: :puke:
:lol:Yeah I hate those songs too. Try his album "Trio", he covers "Wait Til Tomorrow" by Hendrix and 90% of the album is pure blues.

The store I work at plays those songs at least 2-3 times a day. :heh:

I don't think anyone should be "embarrassed" of what they listen to. Guilty pleasures? Fuck it...like what you want!

...unless its superproducedultramoderndeathmetal, right? :p

I actually bought a hip-hop cd the other day...Dalek - Abandoned Language. Its pretty bloody awesome, even though normally I cannot stand the stuff. And they are on Mike Patton's label, interestingly enough!

If I hear a song with a good hook I can appreciate no matter what it is.