Guilty pleasure songs.

I fucking love Coheed and Cambria, have ever since I heard them right when their second album was released. Thats my biggest probably. Theres many more though haha..

a list of all my single songs i download that aren't metal:

moby-whispering wind
30 seconds to mars-attack(got hooked cause of rockband)
30 seconds to mars-the kill(ditto)
marko demark-tiny dancer(house/techno)
animals-house of the rising sun
ben e. king-stand by me(imo beautiful song)
deftones-be quiet and drive(old sega dreamcast game got me hooked yesterday)
eric clapton-wonderful tonight(great song, i heard at a friend's wedding)
europe-the finale countdown(cheese ahoy!)
felix da housecat-ready 2 wear*benny benasi mix*
fleetwoodmac-dreams
imogen heap-hide and seek
kanye west/daft punk-harder better faster stronger(i love daft punk...what can i say :p)
lampshade-random songs(great great band, i discovered via here)
mungo jerry-summer time
N.E.R.D-Spazz
neil young-random songs
oasis-random songs
king harvest-dancing in the moonlight
simon and garfunkle-random songs(great stuff as said)
roxy music-random songs
t.A.T.u-white robe :p
tay zonday-chocolate rain(yes THAT song.......)
the police-message in a bottle(everybody loves that song)
yeah yeah yeahs-maps(again thanks to rockband)
dj doboy- random mixes

clearly im not 110% metal, therefore im a poser right? :lol:

You need to learn to enjoy music not genres. I'd say if you can manage to list the songs you listen to that aren't metal then there's a problem.

agreed, i only have the kanye west song cause as stated i enjoy daft punk.

good lord i hate country more than any other type of music. talkin bout losing your wife and truck and what have you..... its to depressive. :p lol

You need to learn to enjoy music not genres. I'd say if you can manage to list the songs you listen to that aren't metal then there's a problem.

im not set on particular genres(but i do dislike metalcore and all that jazz/current american metal).

i jusT listed those as single songs ive got over the time. i have daft punk's whole discography and TONS of video game soundtracks as well.

even the hip hop which is respected due to good lyrics and poetry I still find repugnant, redundant, ugly, lame and trendy. Just because the lyrics are "cool" doesn't mean the sound is listenable. The "lowest common denominator" simple 4/4 ugly gangsta garbage makes me want to join a kvlt against all forms of rap and erase it from planet earth. Or it simply just makes me depressed about humanity, giving me feelings of alienation from society and social conventions. Rap fails.

a list of all my single songs i download that aren't metal:

moby-whispering wind
30 seconds to mars-attack(got hooked cause of rockband)
30 seconds to mars-the kill(ditto)
marko demark-tiny dancer(house/techno)
animals-house of the rising sun
ben e. king-stand by me(imo beautiful song)
deftones-be quiet and drive(old sega dreamcast game got me hooked yesterday)
eric clapton-wonderful tonight(great song, i heard at a friend's wedding)
europe-the finale countdown(cheese ahoy!)
felix da housecat-ready 2 wear*benny benasi mix*
fleetwoodmac-dreams
imogen heap-hide and seek
kanye west/daft punk-harder better faster stronger(i love daft punk...what can i say :p)
lampshade-random songs(great great band, i discovered via here)
mungo jerry-summer time
N.E.R.D-Spazz
neil young-random songs
oasis-random songs
king harvest-dancing in the moonlight
simon and garfunkle-random songs(great stuff as said)
roxy music-random songs
t.A.T.u-white robe :p
tay zonday-chocolate rain(yes THAT song.......)
the police-message in a bottle(everybody loves that song)
yeah yeah yeahs-maps(again thanks to rockband)
dj doboy- random mixes

clearly im not 110% metal, therefore im a poser right? :lol:

Yess........ I love TaTu. I listen to them quite a bit. Might also have to do with the fact I heard the drummer from Devil Doll was their live drummer, then I had to listen to them. The music can be quite melancholic for Russian pseudo lesbian pop.

Well I don't see the direction of this thread...how can you call Neil, The Police, and Fleetwood guilty pleasures? That's classic. I figured the whole point of this thread was stuff that I guess doesn't help your metal 'cred', or shit metalheads would make fun of you for. Just because it's not metal doesn't mean it isn't great music.

I LOVE Billy Joel and Chicago.

In fact, the first concert I ever went to was Chicago. I had to have been like 5 or 6.

Basically, I appreciate all genuine and well-performed music.

I don't consciously limit myself to any genre and I don't exclude anything, it just so happens to be that metal/rock appeals to me the most. Probably because of its intensity and emotion.

Other 'guilty pleasures':

- Bomfunk MC's "Freestyler", hell yeah, great song.
- Moby "In this World", absolutely beautiful song.
- Robert Sanchez "Another Chance", great song.
- Tiësto featuring Christian Burns "In the Dark", really like that too.

I do think generally I'm attracted by a certain degree of sadness/melancholy in music.

Basically, I appreciate all genuine and well-performed music.

I don't consciously limit myself to any genre and I don't exclude anything, it just so happens to be that metal/rock appeals to me the most. Probably because of its intensity and emotion.

I agree. The funny thing is, the last thing I would want to call myself, in terms of musical taste, is a metalhead, but when you look at what I listen to, probably 75-80% is metal.

That being said, I will not keep myself from listening to what I like, only because it might be considered as "uncool". For instance, I like the last two albums by AFI, a emo/punk type of band, but why would I feel ashamed about it?

NP: The Last Shadow Puppets