Guilty pleasure songs.

like some of you said, why should we be ashamed?
I listen to a lot of music, and dont really care about genres..
so here goes all my metalcred :)
a couple of korn albums
Madness (one of my favourite bands.)
Limp bizkits second album.
Jakob Hellman (swedish popmusic, the awesome kind.)
Kung Henry (swedish hip hop artist, which, unlike 99% of the rest actually writes really good poetry, which in turn is what hip hop is about, and not biatches and hoes..)

Well I don't see the direction of this thread...how can you call Neil, The Police, and Fleetwood guilty pleasures? That's classic. I figured the whole point of this thread was stuff that I guess doesn't help your metal 'cred', or shit metalheads would make fun of you for. Just because it's not metal doesn't mean it isn't great music.

i totally agree, sad truth is, round' these parts i do infact get shit from the 'tr00 metal heads" you know the metalcore mallrats for listening to that type of stuff. :lol:

im actually quite pleased with the responses here for 2 reasons.

A. you all aren't elitest cunts, who would rofl/shun someone for not being 110% metalhead.

B.You all listen to stuff that is in fact quite a farcry from metal, and its awesome.

as stated earlier, i have to agree, i generally fall towards depressive sounding music over all(for instance goin way back, rolling stones-paint it black,incredible song).

also other stuff thats good music(i noticed tiesto was mentioned)
dj tiesto-in search of sunrises
dj doboy-pretty much anything
akira Yamaoka-silent hill soundtracks(holy christ poop, everybody needs these, they are really really awesome, and have a nice depressive desitute feel to em).

p.s. i also throughly enjoy satanic music(gorogoroth akercocke are 2 that come to mind) :kickass:

I'd call a ''Guilty pleasure'' any sort of non-serious, very cheesy/cliché or shameless commercial music, be it metal or not. Most metal is actually so goddamn forced and gimmicky that i just fucking hate the majority of it.

I like that we can come together like this :) I also like seeing tuffazz metalheads acting all "OMG U GUYZ ARE POZEERZZZZZZZ!!!!" when they listened to say...Slipknot or Mudvayne or As I Lay Dying or Unearth just a few months or a year before and try and hide it.

To be honest i will throw some real chunks of shit in the fan and admit that I don't mind Slipknot's Iowa album...I know they are silly and retarded, but i find their lyrics hilarious and the energetic brutality pumps me up a bit.

I like that we can come together like this :) I also like seeing tuffazz metalheads acting all "OMG U GUYZ ARE POZEERZZZZZZZ!!!!" when they listened to say...Slipknot or Mudvayne or As I Lay Dying or Unearth just a few months or a year before and try and hide it.

ill openingly admit, up untill like 4 years ago i listened to mudvayne and the like. im REALLY glad my friend(alphacorvus) turned me on to awesome metal(started with opeth) and on the way back from a children of bodom show on november 12th 2005 something "mellow and awesome" as i put it was playing in his car, the song? disposession. and here i am now.

I've hated nu metal since forever tbh, but i can stomach some Slipknot(parts of Iowa). The Deftones is also cool, definitely not your typical mallcore.

I lost interest with Untouchables, didn't like that album and didn't pay attention to the albums that followed. S/t is their last album right? It got some pretty lousy reviews if I remember correctly. But maybe I should give it a try.
ST = Self Titled:loco: Their first album.

The only bad song off that album is "Shoots and Ladders".

Mudvayne was a gateway band for me.
I still like LD 50 and their "Black" album (don't remember name).

Slipknot is another guilty pleasure of mine...
They suck monkeyballs live, but i really enjoy all of theyre albums (still have to get that last one though..)
´specialy Iowa has some insanely brutal parts in it.

Down at Fraggle Rock
Grab a fraggle by the cock
Swing him round your head
Now the fraggle's dead

............... gee we sang some strange shit as children.... :saint:

I'm with you rak..wtf!? :erk:

I grew up with Fraggle Rock.

Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red...the Great Trash Heap...Uncle Traveling Matt.. the Dozers...

Ehhh.. anyway..my guilty pleasures.. early 90's rap (Ice Cube/Snoop) Wow I'm gonna get blasted for those :oops:

Gobo is were i stole my nick from once...
Only i remembered it wrong :)

They aired the fraggels a couple of years ago in sweden again, and i watched the entire show..
gotta love them fraggels.

Mudvayne kicks ass no matter what.Slipknot has some great songs,Deftones WAS good.Besides I actually like many electronic,cheesy pop-rock,80's pop,trip hop stuff.The only music genres I could not manage to fancy a single song from are Power fekkin Metal and modern pop music.