Guilty pleasure songs.

Goo Goo Dolls, and a lot of 90's alternative. But the Goo Goo Dolls have been my favorites since I was able to listen to music, and still are -_-

What's wrong with poppish anyway?

Nothing at all.
If people think that one genre of music is the only one to listen to, well...then they'll miss out on a LOT of good music. Of course, when I was a bit younger I guess I had huge problems with a lot more music than I do now. In the end I figured out that I was only fighting against myself all in all when it came to music principles. You can only hit yourself for so long before you figure out how stupid it is.

The more you like, the more fun you'll have with music..if you ask me.

Nothing at all.
If people think that one genre of music is the only one to listen to, well...then they'll miss out on a LOT of good music. Of course, when I was a bit younger I guess I had huge problems with a lot more music than I do now. In the end I figured out that I was only fighting against myself all in all when it came to music principles. You can only hit yourself for so long before you figure out how stupid it is.

The more you like, the more fun you'll have with music..if you ask me.

I agree 100%

massive attack? röykksopp?

Covenant and VNV Nation also also good but that's more futurepop than stuff like portishead.

wow, yet another one who knows VnV Nation here..fun. Futurepop is a bit more modernized EBM music..with elements of trance and industrial. Sadly the genre is stagnating in many ways. Seabound is the only futurepop band I have some hopes for making something interesting in the future...if covenant or vnv nation shape up somewhere along the way.

I'm also constantly looking for good trip hop bands with something more to it. Got this tip some days ago. It's not bad at all. Not sure what I think about the vocalist yet.

http://www.myspace.com/benzos

Even if it turns out I don't like this, it's still a good chance many on this forum will like it.

I'm a big fan of Amon Tobin, but that's more like .. Jazzy, trip-hoppish, drum 'n bass kind of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEp6iVTNwss

This is close to something I could really like if it wasn't so repetetive. It probably would work great as background music though..

Is there anything trip-hoppish/drum'n'Bassish like with melodies out there?

And a huge jump to another question here...
Why aren't there more bands who make music like the first Rage Against the machine album? This is a huge mystery to me.

Why aren't there more bands who make music like the first Rage Against the machine album? This is a huge mystery to me.

Now you mention it.. yes, it seems rather weird. I've seen some bands stelaing a bit of the sound from time to time but nothing serious ever came out of it. Shame though, I like ratm.

This is close to something I could really like if it wasn't so repetetive. It probably would work great as background music though..

Is there anything trip-hoppish/drum'n'Bassish like with melodies out there?

And a huge jump to another question here...

Hmm, it's hard. I'm only a newby myself in this kind of music, so I really don't know much yet.
I'll just post a few random (sorta) electronic things I like.. maybe you can find your way through that:
Pendulum (very accessible and "soft" D'n'B)
Also check this song by them, I think it totally rules. Catchy tune, hehe

UNKLE:

This one rules when the beat finally drops in:

Everybody here has got to love Moby:

Last edited by a moderator: