Guilty Pleasures

I don't really have "guilty pleasures", because I don't really have a prefered music genre.

Although I'm mad for Anna Tsuchiya. It seems a bit narcissistic to say "Mostly because her voice reminds me of my own", but that was the original reason. That and I can't help loving some catchy beats when I'm feeling up for them.

Ayreon is Progressive metal. He seems to be recruiting metal singers from other metal bands...of course, some of his stuff like Universal Migrator pt.I is a Pink Floyd-esque piece of work. But, he does albums that are DEFINITELY METAL.

One of my favorite albums of all-time is Avril Lavigne's Under My Skin. I also love the song Hemorhage (In My Hands) by Fuel. I also have a lot of respect for Nickleback. I also think The Black Album is perhpas Metallica's best and most metal album. And most of the world loves them but a lot on here don't, I think Pantera's the greatest band of all-time.

I know I shouldn't feel guilty about anything, but public perception does have an effect on how I see bands. I still enjoy it just as much, but I think about it differently.

:zombie::zombie::zombie: How old are you?

19. 20 in a couple months. It's easily one of the best albums ever, and believe it or not, I am FAR from the only person outside Avril's demographic that thinks so. It's a very grungey album, a lot like Nevermind. Most likely the heaviest album ever released by a corporate female artist. Certainly far beyond anything Britney Spears or Christina Aguiler has done. Unfortunately Avril didn't continue with that style.

I think of her (on Under My Skin) as being like Elvis. Just because she doesn't write the songs doesn't mean it isn't great music. The songs are great and there's no denying the perfect pro-tools production. If it was Dave Mathews, Pearl Jam, or even Bob Dylan, it would be called genius. But because it's Avril everybody considers it fluff.

Ayreon is metal, and there should be no embarrassment for liking it!

Oh, hell no. They're probably my favorite band.

Mathias, I have all Ayreon's albums. Some of his early stuff like "Actual Fantasy" does suck."Universal Migrator" is pretty weak as well.

Get "Into the Electric Castle". That's the album I truly LOVE by him. I would say it's maybe... 20% Metal roundabouts.

"The Human Equation" is his 2nd best album which is even less Metal. This album is brilliant & has more emotion than "ItEC" but I don't think it's as interesting at the end of the day. This album actually took me a really really long time to really appreciate. It's probably the fan favoite but I bed to differ.

On a side note I'm giddy because I ordered the bust a nut ultra edition of the new album the other day! :) :) :) I can't wait to get it! Judging from the sample tracks on the MySpace it sounds like it will be really good.

In case I didn't already say it my biggest guilty pleasure songs are...

Madonna "Like a Prayer"
Madonna "Papa Don't Preach"
Kylie Minogue "I Can't Get You Out of My Head"
DMX "Ruff Ryder's Anthem"
Boston "More Than a Feeling"

Wow.
Get out of metal music now and forever.

As bad as it sounds, I've never even heard the album before so I won't judge it, but I'm sure there's a reason he likes it. It sounds extensive to go off about an Avril album, but I'll admit to liking some Madonna. Have you honestly ever even heard the Avril album he's talking about??

killswitch engage are a band that arent accepted by metalheads, but i dont feel guilty for liking them. why should i? its my personal opinion against theirs, and i dont care if they hate me for it.

Other then metal, I enjoy classical from the baroque era (Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi) as well as opera. I also dig early 80s punk/new wave: Ramones, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Devo, B-52's.