Guilty Pleasures

Wow.
Get out of metal music now and forever.

Should I stay away from metal if I love the music of Bruce Springsteen, David Gray, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, New Order, Devo, Pete Yorn, The Cure, Madonna, The Go-Go's, The Allman Brothers Band, Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Ratt, and at the same time I enjoy Death, Opeth, Testament, Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind, Suspyre, Persuader, Iron Maiden, Bathory, Black Sabbath, Tool, Ruins of Beverast, Exodus, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate and Ozzy Osbourne???

:mad:

Should I stay away from metal if I love the music of Bruce Springsteen, David Gray, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, New Order, Devo, Pete Yorn, The Cure, Madonna, The Go-Go's, The Allman Brothers Band, Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, Ratt, and at the same time I enjoy Death, Opeth, Testament, Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind, Suspyre, Persuader, Iron Maiden, Bathory, Black Sabbath, Tool, Ruins of Beverast, Exodus, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate and Ozzy Osbourne???

:mad:

Just because you like different genres doesn't mean you should avoid metal. I've always hated it when people ask me how I can like metal AND Bruce Springsteen. But what can I say, he's the Boss! My favorite kind of music actually isn't metal. I prefer classic rock/folk artists.

As bad as it sounds, I've never even heard the album before so I won't judge it, but I'm sure there's a reason he likes it. It sounds extensive to go off about an Avril album, but I'll admit to liking some Madonna. Have you honestly ever even heard the Avril album he's talking about??

Yes, I have.

well there are a few things that I feel somewhat guilty about,especially seeing that I can from a metal background.

-George Michael ( saw him live FUCK YEAH )

come to think of it, that is it.

I admit to liking Disturbed. "Inside the Fire" is one of the catchiest contemporary heavy rock songs that I've heard. I think they're a decent act.

I keep hearing people mention them. I'm gonna have to try that garbage out sometime I guess.

They have little redeeming quality or value; but they're fun sometimes. In our contemporary world of mainstream shit, Disturbed actually stand out slightly, I think.

I really like about half of that Paramore album. I got it used and most of it is pretty much kind of weak and what I expected, but there are some songs which are really good IMO. That's the closest thing to power-pop/pop punk/whatever, that I like.

Those songs by Maroon 5 I heard on the raido were well written tunes for the radio

George Micheals has a hell of a voice and was alos great for commercial radio

Disturbed has some really sweet riffs, grooves and a great vocalist. My drummer is into them, had three of his CD's here for awhile but didnt play them too much, I was afraid the rhythmic values of their riffs would rub off... lol. He's an old Metallica head and even likes that abomination Justice for ALL, he went to see them once with Disturbed opening and said Disturbed could have played longer and Metallica less for all he cared..... Seemed from what I remember of the CD's the older ones were the best.

my guilty pleasures? lots of 80s stuff

The Cars
Belinda Carlisle/The Go Gos
The Human League
Fleetwood Mac (not really guilty but definitely a pleasure)
Heart (same as above)
Tom Petty (same as above)
The Eurythmics
The Cure
Depeche Mode

recent stuff

3 Doors Down
Maroon 5
Dragonforce

I'd think of more but I'm drawing a blank

I'm going to go as far as to say that Songs About Jane is a good album as far as R&Bish pop rock goes.

my guilty pleasures? lots of 80s stuff

The Cars
Belinda Carlisle/The Go Gos
The Human League
Fleetwood Mac (not really guilty but definitely a pleasure)
Heart (same as above)
Tom Petty (same as above)
The Eurythmics
The Cure
Depeche Mode

recent stuff

3 Doors Down
Maroon 5
Dragonforce

I'd think of more but I'm drawing a blank

Tom Petty isn't a guilty pleasure; he's badass man!

Dragonforce, though... yeah. They're a guilty pleasure of mine too.