GUILTY PLEASURES

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
So the wife isn't into metal much at all, except she loves my band for some weird reason, but other than that we have to find happy mediums when riding in the same car.

This album is pretty fun in that catchy 80's pop kinda way. For the record, I love some catchy pop music especially Katy Perry.

So, list off your guilty pleasures and know that this is a judgement free zone. Catchy music is just that, catchy.

This song is fun.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E5EtDlE2gg&feature=share&list=ALGLx1orRGw4Xb3LE4_AMo4UFbSqaAc4-h[/ame]

I am really into 80s pop. I really enjoy it when not in that metal mood. I am a big fan of Phil Collins, Weird Al, The Cars. I also really enjoy swing - both old and retro (Big Bad voodoo Daddy, squirrel Nut Zippers) and space and kraut rock.

80's Pop il great! Always listen to this song, for example...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I ever really feel guilty about listening to is Dr. Dre's The Chronic, mainly because it's offensive to just about everyone.

But in this context, I have to admit I like "chick bands" like the Bangles, the Go Gos, the Corrs, etc. And I own a Cher album, but I still think it rocks...sort of.

I really can't think of anything. I suppose it could be all the Minnesota r&b I like; I like all the Prince related stuff and all the bitches in his stable like Wendy & Lisa, Sheila E, Vanity, Sheena Easton (I know she is Scottish), and Morris Day, etc.
My girlfriend seems to think it should probably be all the hair bands or AOR; she doesn't quite get being into stuff that sings so much about cock and/or is so wimpy... Sometimes I might even agree.:cry:

I really can't think of anything. I suppose it could be all the Minnesota r&b I like; I like all the Prince related stuff and all the bitches in his stable like Wendy & Lisa, Sheila E, Vanity, Sheena Easton (I know she is Scottish), and Morris Day, etc.
My girlfriend seems to think it should probably be all the hair bands or AOR; she doesn't quite get being into stuff that sings so much about cock and/or is so wimpy... Sometimes I might even agree.:cry:

But I thought you loved singing about cock?

Most definitely. My favorite by them will alway be In the Heart of the Young, but Pull is a close second. Their new one, Karma is right after that though. I even love Kip's solo stuff. Especially Thisconversationseemslikeadream.

I always found S/T way superior to "In the Heart of the Young". Although PULL is their best by far of course.

I listen to a lot of stuff which passes for "guilty pleasure" among tr00 metal fans. Stuff like Nightwish, Oingo Boingo, The Toy Dolls, Romeo's Daughter, Heart, Sandra, ABBA, etc, etc.

Hum, as someone else said, I wouldn't consider anything I listen to as a guilty pleasure :dopey:
'80s new wave/pop (Duran Duran, Hall & Oates, Berlin, Billy Idol, Tears for Fears, lots of compilations)
Steve Perry - Street Talk (The remaster is pretty sweet)
Toots & The Maytals - Funky Kingston/In The Dark
The Monkees
Nicole Atkins
The Jayhawks
Various J-Pop artists (Chara, Chiaki Ishikawa, Yuki, Judy and Mary, Mao Abe, Anna Tsuchiya + more)
Yoshiki Fukuyama
Susumu Hirasawa
Park Wan Kyu

Lots of non-hard rock/metal stuff :p