Your Guilty Listening Pleasures

I have had a 60's flashback and these are some of the things I am listening to:

LOVE- Forever Changes

BUDDY MILES - Them Changes

KING CRIMSON - IN THE HALL OF THE MOUNTAIN KING

HAWKWIND - Anything I can get my hands on

Funny you mention DEVO. I really dig Flock of Seagulls. There was so much more than "I Ran". Any 80's power pop doe sit for me as well (Tommy Tutone, Greg Kihn, Human League, etc...)

Also....Is Fleetwood Mac considered a guilty pleasure?

I wouldn't say they are very similar but anyone who enjoys Loreena McKennitt should give Bat for Lashes a try. She's probably a bit more like a "normal" Bjork or a modern Annie Lennox but the song Sleep Alone really gives me a McKennitt vibe. I've also heard people allude to Kate Bush but I'm not too familiar with her music except Running Up that Hill.

Here's her live on Letterman:

And yes, it's her not "them." Bat for Lashes is the psuedo name for Natasha Khan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also for me: Flogging Molly and The Dropkick Murphy's. :D

My daughter and I get cruising around in the car and when the one tune from Flogging Molly comes on about "keep the boat afloat" with it's ending line of "a ripe old age" we get singing at the top of our lungs and must look like morons to those surrounding us. LOL

alright ill be completely open here with this..

i love some akon songs...especially "right now"

i do have some britney spears tracks from her first 2 albums
um i listen to those one spanish singer for american kids to learn spanish called justo lamas.

and i have 1 song from the first limp bizket album...

I've been listening to more and more "non metal" music lately that I almost feel like a poser metalhead. My favorite artist, by far, is a Japanese pop rock star.

There are a few boy bands I like (a lot!), like Super Junior, KAT-TUN, and DBSK, as well as older 80's/90's stuff like George Michael and Duran Duran. There isn't much, but I do like a little pop and hip hop: Nami Tamaki and Rain, respectively.

My latest guilty pleasure:

Not a huge stretch for me, but might be for some:

I am a diehard Zappaholic. I got into FZ shortly after getting into metal at the ripe old age of 14-15. 1979 for those of you keeping tabs on my AARP membership! :D :lol:
Also, anything and everything that Mike Keneally has done.

FZ:

MK:

I feel like we need no guilty pleasures in music. If you like it you like it. But some of you should be ashamed! Kidding, of course.

I do enjoy or have enjoyed the following:

Nu-metal bands like Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Nothingface, Disturbed
Maroon 5
Jack Johnson
Los Lonely Boys
The latest Metallica album

I do like some 70's arena rock bands like Boston etc. and some Southern Rock, but I don't that's too far out of the box for many metal-heads. Probably the one band that would cast some shady glances toward me would be The Goo Goo Dolls. I love Rzeznik's melodic voice and his guitar style, although it is far from technical.

Bryant

The lead singer of Flogging Molly is Dave King (Fastway, Katmandu) :kickass:

No way!!!!! Not the Fastway that did the "Say what you will" tune back in the 80s. That is a piece of trivia that absolutely almost knocked me out of the chair while reading.

I don't believe it! Time to go to wikipedia...