Your Guilty Listening Pleasures

I really think something to be considered "Guilty" would be an artist with zero integrity.

For the most part, to me, that would be any pop artist who has no input on the songwriting, musically or vocally.

While I may not like Maroon 5 (for example) they are a band that writes and performs music. Therefore, there is some musical integrity.

Backstreet Boys are NOT music. They are performers who lip synch and dance to music. ZERO "musical" integrity.

Though it's all entertainment, so if you like it, then all is good.

I love Loreena McKinnett. Her stuff is so amazing. If you're into the celtic stuff, you should check out Wolfstone too.

Well, it's not like they remind of each other at all, except both have celtic influences (but that's like saying that Slayer reminds of Van Halen just because both are METAL).

Wolfstone does kick all kinds of ass!!! Especially the first couple of albums (unleashed, the chase, year of the dog, half tail). Amazing live band too ...

c.

Oddly enough, I was just listening to Sacrilege of Fatal Arms the other night.... I would rate it as my 2nd favorite Devil Doll album after The Girl Who Was... Death. It's too bad that we may never hear new Devil Doll material again....

I agree, what a crying shame they have called it a day ( or are in limbo? ) The girl who was....Death is my 2nd fav Devil Doll album, another amazing experience!!:worship:

I don't think classic rock, or true prog rock should be even counted in this thread. By guilty pleasures, they probably meant artists that really don't have much to do with this genre, or that would make the stereotypical metalhead ashamed/afraid to admit.

Considering Asia and Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure, makes me think one is really into something completely different, such as rap or salsa.

Well, it's not like they remind of each other at all, except both have celtic influences (but that's like saying that Slayer reminds of Van Halen just because both are METAL).

Wolfstone does kick all kinds of ass!!! Especially the first couple of albums (unleashed, the chase, year of the dog, half tail). Amazing live band too ...

c.

I figured that between being a metal fan, and being a Loreena McKinnett fan, the only natural step would be to Wolfstone. ;)

Frankly, I'd LOVE to catch a live Gig of theirs, but it turns out I was introduced to them 3 weeks after their last USA tour. :erk:

Also for me: Flogging Molly and The Dropkick Murphy's. :D

I don't think classic rock, or true prog rock should be even counted in this thread. By guilty pleasures, they probably meant artists that really don't have much to do with this genre, or that would make the stereotypical metalhead ashamed/afraid to admit.

Considering Asia and Pink Floyd a guilty pleasure, makes me think one is really into something completely different, such as rap or salsa.
Compared to the stuff I usually listen to...trust me when I say these ARE guilty pleasures to me.

I figured that between being a metal fan, and being a Loreena McKinnett fan, the only natural step would be to Wolfstone. ;)

Frankly, I'd LOVE to catch a live Gig of theirs, but it turns out I was introduced to them 3 weeks after their last USA tour. :erk:

Also for me: Flogging Molly and The Dropkick Murphy's. :D

One of my "guilty pleasures" back in the day was going to "Tønder Festival", which is a folk-music festival in Denmark. I've seen some awesome folk bands there, such as Wolfstone, Runrig, Altan, Cappercaille, The McAlman Clan, Dervish, and a ton more ...

Stuff I love that isn't metal or hard rock:
- lots of classic rock, progressive rock (yes, kansas, genesis, the police, queen, king crimson etc.)
- tori amos (!!!!!!), kate bush
- folk music (celtic stuff as well as some scandinavian such as hedningarna, vada, sorten muld)
- entakt (danish pop band)

Stuff I love, but I probably should be ashamed of, hehe:
- destiny's child and beyonce
- savage garden and darren hayes

Stuff I kind of like actually - and yes, I AM ashamed of these:
- lady gaga (my wife convinced me that it's pretty good)
- christina aguilera (i even went to one of her shows)

c.

Celtic - Can't go wrong with Gaelic Storm or Albannach...

Lately, I've totally fallen in love with Matt Nathenson - his lyrics are f'n amazing and it's kick back n' enjoy music...

Also, Carbonleaf came out with a new disc - Totally n' completely underrated.. how they haven't just hit the big time is beyond me (another band that just has killer word play in their lyrics)...

and Claus - Destiny's Child's first effort is in my CD collection; right next to N'Sync's stuff... it's just good stuff and dammit I'm not ashamed to say I know all the words either!!!!

Celtic bands... Emerald Rose, but I'm biased since they're good friends of mine.

You can sign me up for Enya, too.

Guilty pleasure song of the day: Tokio Hotel, "Don't Jump" (!)