Guitar Center

mintcheerios

Dec 21, 2007
facepalm.gif

So today I wanted to adjust the truss rod of my SLSMG. I find out that my allen wrenches won't work and I need the socket type (the ones that look like little smoking pipes). I thought Guitar Center might have one, so I call them.

Me: Hi, do you guys sell truss rod wrenches?
GC employee: Yeah.
Me: Okay, can I bring my guitar to see which one will fit?
GC employee: Sure.

So I get there and the guy who talked to me directs me to I think their guitar repair dude (who looks like Chad Kroeger). I tell him I wanted the rod loosened and he offers to adjust it. He turns it a bit (the correct way, I checked) and I ask him if they sold those wrenches since I'd rather do it myself. Then he said that they'd setup my guitar for $40 and gave me a condescending lecture about how buying a guitar new usually comes with the proper truss rod adjuster. Thanks a fucking lot Chad, I'll make sure I consider that the next time I'm buying a guitar that's $600 cheaper used during a recession. I tell him that I came here because I was told on the phone that they sold truss rod wrenches. So he tells me that I could special order one. Well no fucking shit! It would have been nice if they told me all this ON THE PHONE. I was so upset that I took my guitar and shoved it up his ass (the SLSMG headstock is optimally designed for this).

I actually thought for a second that I could just go in that store, get what I want, then leave without any patronizing bullshit, but apparently that's like expecting shit to taste good.

I give Guitar Center a rating of 5/5 barfing smilies:

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

This is a fail on your part for not realizing this before you left for GC. You gotta get ahold of yourself, slap yourself in the face and go "What the fuck was I thinking..." and all will be right with the world.

I was so upset that I took my guitar and shoved it up his ass (the SLSMG headstock is optimally designed for this)

Hahahahahahaha, sounds like a quality finish - but you should've just scoured them thar internetses first! (specifically ebay)

Yeah, I just wanted to work on my guitar today though. The only reason I still go to brick and mortar stores is if I don't want to wait (or if I want to try out something).

I did buy a pack of Warsteiner on my way home so the trip wasn't a total waste.

What you should do in the future is take it to a hardware store and just try and assload till it fits. thats' what she said.

I did this with my Lynch guitar after I lost the allen wrench. Then I put a piece of duct tape around the end and wrote FLOYD on it so I knew what the deal was.

I may try that tomorrow, but my truss slot is designed so only the L-shaped ones would fit so I'm not sure they'd have it. It looks like this.

lt_wrenches.jpg

Make sure next time you go into a guitar center, if the employees act like dicks, just find the most out of tune guitar there, pick a crappy sounding amp, crank it up, and play enter sandman for 3 hours straight.

Make sure next time you go into a guitar center, if the employees act like dicks, just find the most out of tune guitar there, pick a crappy sounding amp, crank it up, and play enter sandman for 3 hours straight.

fucking legendary, an even better idea is getting a friend to play along the drums...man you could clear one of those places out quick

We did this once with the band, had a spontaneous rehearsal at the store. PA, guitar and drum section weren't even on the same floor... :lol:

We got thrown out..

How many of you are actually dickheads like that? I'm just asking because I know that being a public nuissance can be very exhilarating.

OP - If you want a wrench, go to a hardware store.

Edit: my my my how unprofessional of me

How many of you are actually dickheads like that? I'm just asking because I know that being a public nuissance can be very exhilarating.

OP - If you want a wrench, go to a hardware store.

Edit: my my my how unprofessional of me

Spoken like a true GC employee :heh: