Guitar Solo Effect in Bittersweet Feast

Grimlord

New Metal Member
Jan 27, 2006
This is my first post here. I'd like to know how one can achieve the solo sound in Bittersweet Feast? I've heard this wacky sound before in very few songs. What kind of effect pedals or stuff where used by Nevermore? Thanks for any info.

whammywh1.jpg

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
that solo isnt possible to recreate... jefff loomis played that solo blindfolded with the guitar still in its case, thats why it sounds that way

That's awesome...man, I underestimated him. I've tried telepathically playing my axe, but it never works.

Digitech Whammy Pedal...cool stuff.

Actually kids, that is my_ solo, and yes, it was done on the Digitech Whammy, and give the Merchants of Menace column a few months, and we'll be covering that solo note for note, and y'all will be able to play it!:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Steve Smyth said:
Actually kids, that is my_ solo, and yes, it was done on the Digitech Whammy, and give the Merchants of Menace column a few months, and we'll be covering that solo note for note, and y'all will be able to play it!:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

We know, we know. :lol: we were just kissing Jeff's ass. BTW Steve, I love that your in the new guitar world with Jeff!! It's so cool to see you two writing side by side.. Is there any chance you could cover "A Future Uncertain" . Is it a seven string in Bb standard?

Edit: You sound like you were getting so defensive there. my_solo. hahaha.:tickled:

:tickled: :tickled: Nah, not defensive, just wanted to clear that one up!
And yes, Will and sickboy I think you guys can play this stuff note for note, the transcriptions in there are as accurate to what we played that day ( and shot on the CD Rom), so if we_ played it note for note, then it should be exactly what we played ( case in point Psalm of Lydia solos are close to what's on the record, only because that's what we played that day, they tell you that in the column but you have to look for it)( Right on nataservant!).
Thanks everybody for your encouragement and wordsabout the song, that was the first one I gave to the guys to check out, and the one I felt kind of hit that sound in the first place.
A Future Uncertain is in Bb standard ( on a 7 string), and if we keep this column going through next year, it was one of the songs we were going to cover. Hopefully we get around to playing it live, don't know. What do you guys think? Should we?
Hey Brooks!:tickled: Not true! Last one was New Year's Day I believe, when I misspelled my title into Happy Fucking Year instead of Happy Fucking New Year!:tickled: The mind can be a terrible thing sometimes....:tickled: :hotjump: :headbang:

Steve Smyth said:
:tickled: :tickled: Nah, not defensive, just wanted to clear that one up!
And yes, Will and sickboy I think you guys can play this stuff note for note, the transcriptions in there are as accurate to what we played that day ( and shot on the CD Rom), so if we_ played it note for note, then it should be exactly what we played ( case in point Psalm of Lydia solos are close to what's on the record, only because that's what we played that day, they tell you that in the column but you have to look for it)( Right on nataservant!).
Thanks everybody for your encouragement and wordsabout the song, that was the first one I gave to the guys to check out, and the one I felt kind of hit that sound in the first place.
A Future Uncertain is in Bb standard ( on a 7 string), and if we keep this column going through next year, it was one of the songs we were going to cover. Hopefully we get around to playing it live, don't know. What do you guys think? Should we?
Hey Brooks!:tickled: Not true! Last one was New Year's Day I believe, when I misspelled my title into Happy Fucking Year instead of Happy Fucking New Year!:tickled: The mind can be a terrible thing sometimes....:tickled: :hotjump: :headbang:
nooooo not defensive at all, I mean like the solos aren't noted in the booklet or anything so thanks SO much for clearning that up? hahaha

Steve Smyth said:

If guitar columns worked that way, you guys'd be rich ;) (And I probably wouldn't have any students) Also tell Jeff he's a jerk for showing me I was playing the River Dragon solo wrong! That jerk.

On an unrelated note, Prog Power = \m/