Guitar solos on Blood Alliance

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
I apologize if I missed it somewhere in the booklet, but which solos are Andy's and which are Gav's? There are some pretty gnarly solos all over the album, and some really tasteful shredding!

I apologize if I missed it somewhere in the booklet, but which solos are Andy's and which are Gav's? There are some pretty gnarly solos all over the album, and some really tasteful shredding!

Most definitely!

I didn't read it anywhere also and was wondering too. :)

I agree, Steve - the solos on Battle Stations are pure metal!

Battle Stations is very likely to be the best intro I've ever heard in my entire life as a Metaller.

I think I have a ROUGH idea of whose are whose...simply by the playing style. You can hear 2 different approaches and techniques to soloing on the album...Gav's are generally slightly more chaotic (in a good way)!

I've never heard Andy's or Gav's playing before, so although I can tell the sound apart slightly, I have no idea whose solos are being played :lol:

Ok here's a breakdown for ya!

01. Battle Stations (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
02. Rising Anew (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2
03. Glorious (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
04. Sacrifice (Gav solo 1, Andy solo 2+3)
05. Survive (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
06. Better Days (Andy solo)
07. Crunching The Numbers (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
08. Only In My Dreams (Gav intro solo + solo 1, Andy solo 2)
09. Blood Alliance (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
10. City Of Lies (Gav solo 1, Andy solo 2)
11. Time To Burn (Andy solo)

I think you'll find I have a slightly more melodic approach to my solos where as Gav definitely is more all guns blazing :Smokedev:

Ok here's a breakdown for ya!

01. Battle Stations (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
02. Rising Anew (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2
03. Glorious (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
04. Sacrifice (Gav solo 1, Andy solo 2+3)
05. Survive (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
06. Better Days (Andy solo)
07. Crunching The Numbers (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
08. Only In My Dreams (Gav intro solo + solo 1, Andy solo 2)
09. Blood Alliance (Andy solo 1, Gav solo 2)
10. City Of Lies (Gav solo 1, Andy solo 2)
11. Time To Burn (Andy solo)

I think you'll find I have a slightly more melodic approach to my solos where as Gav definitely is more all guns blazing :Smokedev:
Awesome, thanks Andy!

I am very influenced by Fast shredders as you can probably tell :D Paul Gilbert, Michael Angelo Batio, Chris Impelliteri etc..
My fav player and biggest influence is Yngwie Malmsteen his feel and music is Awesome!

That's really cool of you to detail it like that, Andy - thanks a lot! Both of you did an amazing job with those solos.

Bumping this because I was trying to recall who did the solo on Better Days. Props to Andy, that's a %?!&ing proper solo!