Guitar Tone Competition IV!

A lot of kids (teens) are so afraid to be judged on what they listen too or associatate with (peer pressure), that some of the above comments don't suprise me. If you are sqimmish about the source music (BURNY), drop out and give someone else a chance.

guys, this is a guitar tone competition not the ulitmate search for the ultimate METAL guitar tone thread.
the goal is to find the "best" guitar sound that fits the drumtrack and the music style...correct me if i'm wrong.

A lot of kids (teens) are so afraid to be judged on what they listen too or associatate with (peer pressure), that some of the above comments don't suprise me. If you are sqimmish about the source music (BURNY), drop out and give someone else a chance.

Are you suggesting that I am a teen?:lol:
I was merely expressing my opinion, dude. You know... The interwebs... Maybe It was awkward of me and I apologize for this but I think you should keep your psychological expertise for yourself, thank you.:Smug:

You should be happy because you are not living in Latvia (PILE OF SHIT). Envy is one of native feature, that is reason why it goes down. There 50% is like trolls!
So don't bother yourself about trolls in this thread!
IMO track is very versatile and allowed me to get lucky accident for tone research. Only thing that fast burst of notes didn't allowed me to get one tone I wanted.
DI are grate, bow for that!

I quite like the track and I love the character in Greg's playing. It's supposed to be pop punk. Not laptop metal. Some people need to dry their eyes.

Thanks for all the effort guys. Good on Anssi for putting the effort into this and for dealing with all the shit being thrown at him, it would drive a weaker man nuts :)

text file: what should go in there? signal chain?
i have screenshots added of every track, plugins used, mixer, master, so what to write in there?
monitoring chain? audio interface?

To be honest, the drums aren't that great IMO (weak toms, overly loud overheads), and the bass could have been played a little harder, but to be honest that's the way things could be if we were in this situation for real and were asked to reamp, so just deal with it :p

text file: what should go in there? signal chain?
i have screenshots added of every track, plugins used, mixer, master, so what to write in there?
monitoring chain? audio interface?

Everything that isn't pictures or audio.

From the OP:

- File 3: text file (.txt, .doc, .pdf, .rtf) with description of the signal chain.

This is mainly for my convenience because I will most likely get something between 100-200 submissions so if you have all the stuff in the zip package it makes my job easier.

i will add a text file with my monitoring chain described then as i have everyting else on the pics :)

ah ok, then everything can be seen on the pics, still added an info file with my setup.
mail was sent out 10 min ago! :D

- Do NOT attach the files to the email. ...

- Check that you have all the required files and info on the email. Failing to include all the required data will lead to disqualification...

this is a little confusing and i need some clarification. Are you saying that

1) the email should contain links to all files hosted online?

or

2) the email should have all files attached?

or

i missed something... thanks!

or

or

I'm pretty sure he means file links.

or

or

Links to the files. Preferably Dropbox. No Megaupload wait 60 seconds crap as it's annoying and will result in you being disqualified.

or

or

Check that you have all the files and info in the submission package that is linked, not attached, in the email :) Be sure to have the files until the end of the submission time online, as I will download all the files around the same time closer to the deadline.

I added a counter to the OP so you people know what the situation is :)

PS: Brett or Lasse, can you possibly like sticky this thread or something?