Guitarists / bassists - I need your opinion

well i could do some graphics work, if you want to check out my website (which hasnt been updated in a logn time, so the links dont work) its at:

http://www.whitenoiseblacksilence.tk

im thinking of changing the point of the website i dunno. email me if you want to know more about my work. i was once in negotiations with a big australian metal band about designing their next cover :) . dont think ill get the job though.

hey bro, i'm with you man! it'd be great to have a metal, guitar-inclined/ gear inclined site. i'd include an equipment pic gallery submitted by users too. this way there's visual reference to the topics discussed.

after reading the posts here, it's rather obvious that there are benefits of having gear related discussions instead of just discussing music. other guitar related sites often don't have too many aggressive music fans...

deathmetaldan, i'd be happy to help by throwing up what theory i know in a lesson of sorts, and maybe everynow and then i could do a song/lesson piece-by-piece for some of my older favorites. and yeah man, that would definitely be an awesome idea for a site, cause this is the only place i have to go for advice... anyway rock on

leper iffinity said:
This sounds like a good idea, i would probably check it out once in a while, im sure there are many other sites which have probably done this already, so make sure your site is different from the rest. Sounds like a good plan to me! :D

Insaneguitar.com does something like this already but it's more focused on the shred side of things. It would be awesome if you could get many different players to just contribute one of their "secret tricks" that they've used or learned over the years. Also if you can get a pretty fair following with this website you could open a mini-merchandise shop to help cover server costs.

-Chaos :devil:

I`m a keyboard player, but it would be awesome to have a site like that focused on the more extreme sides of metal, like death/black. Most of the guitar-related sites out there on the net are for shred and general guitar music, and if you had been able to narrow the focus of the site, I`m sure lots of people would use it.

Cool idea, but how much are you sure that people will actually contribute? Oh, and keep it simple and small. I've been the webmaster for metal-realm.com magazine for three years now, and I've run other sites in the past as well - if you add 20 sections you will never find the time/courage/will to update them and you will end up with a mediocre site. Focus on 4-5 and do your best on them ;)