Guitarists: What are my pick (excuse me, PLECTRUM) options?

I have a question..

Why are you interested in changing picks all of a sudden. I don't quite understand how the picks you have been using just start "feeling clumsy."
You have obviously been playing for a while cause I've heard your leads and shit, so what fucking gives?

You have something against turtles all of a sudden????

Hahahahaha, I completely missed this the first time - thanks for the compliment dude, but mainly, I realize that I do have a lot of the pick exposed when playing, and so I either pick with too much of the surface or have to angle my wrist back to only play with the tip, which isn't too comfy, and choking up on the pick so less is exposed just doesn't feel right either. Just put in a big order at Elderly Instruments of tons of different types of picks (at least they sell a lot of them individually), so godammit I'm sure one of them will do the trick! (Jazz III's are still too small and WAYYYY too slippery, jesus)

Hahahahaha, I completely missed this the first time - thanks for the compliment dude, but mainly, I realize that I do have a lot of the pick exposed when playing, and so I either pick with too much of the surface or have to angle my wrist back to only play with the tip, which isn't too comfy, and choking up on the pick so less is exposed just doesn't feel right either. Just put in a big order at Elderly Instruments of tons of different types of picks (at least they sell a lot of them individually), so godammit I'm sure one of them will do the trick! (Jazz III's are still too small and WAYYYY too slippery, jesus)

Damn man, I just realized that's a dog and not a rat:Smug:
Dumb me.:lol::lol::lol:

I've been using DAVA picks for years now and love them to death. Before that it was Big Stubby picks back when I started as a bass player. Neither of those seem to feel thick enough so I was thinking about going to the local hardware store and grabbing a selection of garden pavers to try out. NEED HEAVY PICKING. :lol:

tortex SHARP 88 mm... the sharp tip is great because my hands are too big to hold a jazz even though i like the point. sharps are great for speed and accuracy.

I have a few of Dino's Tortex Sharp 88s, but they're too flexy for my strings. I really like the 1.5s but have to sharpen them myself a little too frequently...

Jeff

I'm enjoying the Ultex Sharps, but they're not as pointy as the Tortex Sharps and don't seem to come as thick (although they're not flexy enough to cause concern, I like the thicker feel)... not as good on thick strings, either, but you wussy rubber-band fondlers might get something out of them.

Jeff

I recently switched to lighter strings (9-46) so I had to change pick because the one I used (purple tortex Jazz III on 10-52 strings) was too light for them and didn't have enough attack. So now I'm a Black Jazz III user.