Big pick comparison

My experience is pretty similar to yours Marcus, only the Paul Gilbert signature pick might come close to the Jazz III for me, seemed interesting. (And I'VE got to get hold of the Max Grip Jazz IIIs when they become available!)

No man, sorry to have raised excitement saying this!

I meant they seem like they (PG picks) could be the only ones who could stand up to the Jazz III's.

Ah right, I was referring to where you said "I got to get hold of the Max Grip Jazz III's when they become available", cuz that's a past-tense use of "got" (the proper way would be "I've got..." :D) Aren't the Paul Gilbert picks substantially larger than Jazz III's, though? (like Jazz III XL size, which I did not like at all)

Ah right, I was referring to where you said "I got to get hold of the Max Grip Jazz III's when they become available", cuz that's a past-tense use of "got" (the proper way would be "I've got..." :D) Aren't the Paul Gilbert picks substantially larger than Jazz III's, though? (like Jazz III XL size, which I did not like at all)

Oh that part! Well yeah my English is not top-notch as you can see.

For the Paul Gilbert picks, if I recall correctly they're in between Jazz III and normal picks but I might very well be mistaken.

After using Tortex Greens all my life, I recently started using these:

FEN980351CM.jpg

I recently found my perfect pick, but unfortunately... it's not on the market!
I've been using Pick Boy carbon nylons for ages (the ones with the marijuana leaf, .88) then tried the green Tortex sharps and liked the attack and sound they gave me, but they were TOO big. Recently tried some pitch blacks and loved the size, so now... I'm taking my green tortexes and sanding them down to jazz size!
I prefer the straight side of the tortexes, the jazz is a bit too rounded and scratches a bit too much on the strings. I tried sanding the side of a jazz but still, the sanded tortex was best for me...

Bumping this to say that I finally got my hands on a couple of Red Jazz III's, and to set the record straight, they're identical to the black ones in size/shape, though despite being the same thickness (1.38 mm), they're slightly more flexible than the blacks, so as far as I'm concerned, blacks ftw! (I do NOT want any flex on a pick that small, only on a bigger one for strumming)

EDIT: Here's a pic:

JazzIIIs.jpg

And while I still haven't tried the Eric Johnson Jazz III's, since apparently all they are are slightly dulled red Jazz III's with a raised logo for slightly more grip, with the MaxGrip black Jazz III's on the horizon I can't say I have much interest! :D

Oh, and Lasse, down at Rudy's Music Stop in NYC yesterday, I was really tempted to buy a stone pick; dunno if it was a Pickboy, but it was perfect - Agate, jazz shape, great grip, etc. - then I found out the price: $28 for one :yow: