Big pick comparison

(hits play on cassette player with pre-recorded party line) I forced myself to get used to them and now I can NEVER go back :D

Sounds more like a broken record to me, dude. Must be these crappy speakers.

Say, are you sure you want to try a Roadster instead of your 2ch? I hear a clean boost'll tighten it right up. :lol:

ARRRGGGHHH, emailed Dunlop about the Max Grip Jazz III's, apparently they won't be available until September :mad: :cry:

Hahaha, yeah, but I don't know of a single skate shop anywhere near me - guess I'll have to use the dreaded...YELLOW PAGES :lol:

Sorry to bump the thread.

Just got some Jazz III's from a friend. Some XL's, some regulars, and some Eric Johson ones.

I'm liking the Eric Jonson ones the best. I was digging the XL's the best first, but found the regular ones just feel 'faster', just take a bit of getting used to. The EJ ones are definitely more grippy. You might dig those.

Any of you ever tried Dava picks?

davapicks_review.jpg

They're designed so they have different levels of stiffness depending on how close to the tip you hold it. Interesting Idea, I found one left behind in one of our rehearsal rooms.

I'm with him. It just feels a lot more natural for rhythms

I might have to look into these dunlop jazz picks though, just for comparisons sake

Hahaha, well prepared to be VERY disconcerted, cuz you're talking like polar opposites size-wise! But again, they're worth making the effort to get used to (Will is my guardian spirit, that line comes to me in my dreams :lol: )

Any of you ever tried Dava picks?

davapicks_review.jpg

They're designed so they have different levels of stiffness depending on how close to the tip you hold it. Interesting Idea, I found one left behind in one of our rehearsal rooms.

What is it with people not reading the OP of a thread? Usually I at least start at the beginning before jumping ahead :D But yeah, the rubber pissed me off, and I tried the others and they didn't even make it into the finals as they were all too big and the floppiness was bizarre (in other words, +1 to John/skeksis)