Big pick comparison

Wow dude!
Our taste in picks seems to be the same.. i even did a shootout of my own a few years ago with the same picks! ;O

And yes, nothing beats the Jazz III, but i too have the problem with not having enough grip when playing live.. i generally drop 2-3 of those picks live.
I definitely need to try using grip tape on one, i only live like 100 meters from a skateboard shop! ;)

Im back ffrom the pub to find this posted, and I concur with OP from my pickings of picks over the years. Fuck them all, Jazz III is where its at. Also i must add fuck the red ones. Crank up your amp and change your plectrums and get ready to laugh at how the red sounds when you play a RIFF.

i saw "big prick comparison" and was severely dissapointed when i came into the topic
take that for what you will :erk:

White Tortex Sharp for me. I'm powerless with anything thinner.

As far as grip tape, just go to a hardware store. Most have it there so you can put a non-slip surface on wooden steps and the like.

Has always and will always be the Green Tortex for me, the Jazz III's feel so small and gay to me. I'm sure they're good for lead playing, but I dislike them completely for rhythm playing.

i remember at a concert some band (i think it was Suffocation) gave one of my friends a pick...he showed it to me & it was a jazz-III red, fell in love right away. the next day i ordered 2 packs from musicians friend & haven't used anything else since...i had been using the thick gators before, thin flabby picks always pissed me off (broke em constantly,even the "thick" ones) but the gators were too rotund & made a dead sound, the jazz-III was like a godsend

Marcus, I remember telling you that Jazz III's were worth the effort to adapt to - I'm glad to see you tried it!

Yessir, it was when you said "they are worth making the effort to get used to" that I really felt like I wanted to give them a good try before I wrote them off, and I'm certainly glad I did! :headbang:

FUCK YESH AHAHAHA
I LOVE YOU MAN
I LOVE A 54 IN C SQUEAAALSQUEALSQUEAL

:D