Gun Control

As it is, heavy gun control in America would be a disaster. If gun culture/proliferation of weapons existed in the UK it would be a disaster too.

No worries guru :)

2 'alien' invaders steal a VCR. Homeowner reacts. Invaders die. Homeowner gets a medal.

85.000 'alien' invaders steal oil killing more than 500.000 civilians in the process. Homeowners react. Homeowners die. Invaders get medals.

America, fuck yeah.

Fucking greatness!:worship:

er.. no, i don't... unless it was to twist this thread into an opportunity to to take swipes at me, because you managed to fit in some passive-aggressive knocks in your previous post, and for no good reason at all. downright snide and uncalled for actually.

MY posts... the ones in question... were not about guns.. the first one was, but that's NOT the one you engaged me on.. you engaged me on the issue of the validity of internet searches as the authoritative test for the truth of any given story... so get your arguments straight, "babe".

Not too sure where you see passive-aggressive behaviour in my prior post. Maybe it's because it's words on a screen and not my voice, I dunno. But I think when I said:

It's the scientific method applied to discourse and media, and that approach is certainly the best we've got for verifying a claim.

that basically sums up why I think you're wrong when you say the internet is not an authoritative resource for truth.

I have to ask, why did you post the story in the first place?

ya I would not agree on the second point either

no, i was actually agreeing with cyro...but only because they don't have the culture of gun ownership that we've had here... if they suddenly had all the access we have, but without the experience... well, at the very least there'd be an undue amount of isolated tragedies.

Actually probably good for your ears to rest a bit and post some bollocks on a forum - plus it's a stress reliever (most of the time!) :lol:

Not too sure where you see passive-aggressive behaviour in my prior post. Maybe it's because it's words on a screen and not my voice, I dunno.

"But now I assume I'll be told eat your corn hole for even daring to suggest that you may be wrong."

that was a passive-aggressive swipe.

...that basically sums up why I think you're wrong when you say the internet is not an authoritative resource for truth.
nope, not wrong, clearly.... my own story proves that much. besides, i was referring to the internet in general, and you were referring to snopes in particular. two different things, especially when you consider that any given story has to have been investigated by snopes in the first place in order for snopes' existence on the net to have any authority in regard to it's veracity.

I have to ask, why did you post the story in the first place?
because i liked it. then i discovered it was fake, which lad me to a true story (that is, if snopes is actually to be believed, :lol:) that was very similar.

i have to ask, Drew... would you rather have to shoot an armed assailant to death, or allow him to stab you to death? i know you don't ever have to face such issues in your ife.. and never ever will, because England is an idyllic wonderland of peace, love, and charity [hint: the previous sentence was a snide passive-aggressive swipe, ;)]... but let's just get hypothetical, and indulge me, eh?

To answer your question James... I relish the thought of shooting someone. Actually, I keep walking around Brixton and Hackney hoping to run into some Yardies who will sell me a gun. But they wont... they'll only sell me copious amounts of weed and coke. But I figure if I buy enough coke, I can start dealing, and get into a turf war with them... y'know... The Wire style...

Then I'll get my chance innit!

no shit
sherlock.gif

:p

no, i was actually agreeing with cyro...but only because they don't have the culture of gun ownership that we've had here... if they suddenly had all the access we have, but without the experience... well, at the very least there'd be an undue amount of isolated tragedies.

Exactly my point, and I'm glad you saw it. We don't have a history and as such the respect for what guns can do and can do with just the squeeze of a little trigger. So limiting them after they were rare as it is, help's stop free proliferation. The whole "Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns" agrument is very, very much diminished here.

If it was the same situation here, I'd want one.