Guys, I need your best black metal and I need it now.

Ved Buens Ende kill, esp. the demo. Love the drumming.
Emperor - just brilliant. I love the demo and Prometheus the most.
Kvist - unbelievable atmosphere
Borknagar - Garm`s best BM vocals
Sigh - Sigh`s music HAS to be listened to while strolling through Kyoto at night. MAGIC

For all those that think that VBE are on the rocks, this recent interview with Carl-michael seems to give me hope that they`ll reform.

My feeling says that Virus can find one of its clues in the older project VED BUENS ENDE that was at its time a totally innovative form of conceiving the Black Arts, melting old dheimsgard ways of riffing with a brand new way of singing, that sometimes recalls some ULVER but bizarrely it also reminds me on some old psycho acts, even like the doors! Same question as above, what were the sources for VED BUENS ENDE and why is it fuckin' dead?
"I remember back in those days, all three of us in Ved Buens Ende were deeply exploring many types of dark music. Everything from coil, to comtemporary classical music, to cult-act Thorns to swans and to the insane belgian group UniversE Zero, to name a few. This was not intentionally taking place in our music. Rather sneeking its way in there. There was also a strange creative brotherhood between the three of us, that made Ved Buens Ende become what it is. Ved Buens Ende is not dead, man! Its resting. Waiting for us to get a grip and make music together again. We tried, a couple of times, to regroup. But we failed. The magic wasn't there. We'll just have to wait for it to kick in again. After we have completed the next DHG album, we'll start Ved Buens Ende. We have firmly decided to make it happen again."

http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/carlmichael.htm

i recall reading about Weakling now that you mention the champs connection, but i never got to hear it.
anyone hear the last Faxed Head record?

didn't see anyone mention THORNS. their self titled's a great record. sort of in the Rebel Extravaganza-Satyricon sound, only i like it more. good riffs, and a nice cohesive record. haven't heard the Emperor VS Thorns cd, but heard very good things about it too.

i also dig the first Borknagar record- some really good riffs, and garm's vocals are great. the Darkthrone stuff is killer too- and arctopus is right, there's something totally ROCK and contagious about their riffs. just an amazing groove feel between the drums/guitars. i'd add Panzerfaust to the list to check out as well.

yeah, Thorns are good. I was gonna add them but I blew it. that record and Rebel Extravaganza has the coldest guitar sound ever. like ice. so awesome.