HAILS FROM THE LAND OF AUSTRALIA!!!

progmetaldan

Nov 25, 2006
South Australia
www.myspace.com
G'day guys! I've liked prog-metal for a while now, but when I heard you guys you opened up a whole new world of tech-fusion-metal which is totally AWESOME!!! :worship: It's a shame that NO-ONE in this country (that I know of at least) has even heard of you guys, and I had to special order ASU, but I'm doing my best to spread the word... I know you've said you're not playing live anymore, so you probably won't be coming here for a tour.. hint, hint... but I'll definately get the new album and force all my friends to listen to ASU and any other ones which come out, despite the fact that the most metal they can handle is a single down-tuned chord played soley in 4/4 which they like to call 'hardcore' (more like 'gaycore'...) :yuk: Anyway, your music is good for blowing that crap right out of peoples ears so hopefully I'll win many more Spiral Architect converts in possibly the furthest country from Norway in the world... Can't wait for the new one fellas!

P.S. This isn't my first post, but I'd like to say this forum is a Godsend and it's awesome that you guys post on here sometimes... Keep it up!:headbang:

G'day there... What a coincidence, 16 y.o Prog Metal/Power Metal fan from Adelaide S.A.

Big fan of pretty much all modern Metal genres, but in particular, Progressive and Technical sub-genres. I'm situated in the Eastern suburbs.

Catcha later mate!

PS: Pity about Arcturus eh! I'm soooo pissed...

So what high school are you at, out of curiosity?

Arcturus are the only band that have come down here in recent memory... And I can't bloody go... Such a pain.

Are there any other Power Metal/Tech Metal bands coming down in the next few months that you are aware of?

:headbang:

I was at Tyndale Christian School in the Northern Suburbs, now I'm studying a Diploma in Classical Guitar at Adelaide Uni (The Conservatorium). I work in at Harrison Music in the city, if you're ever in town come and say g'day...

Umm, Nevermore came last November, but I couldn't go cos it was 18+, I think Lamb Of God are coming soon, not sure though... I saw Yngwie Malmsteen and G3 (Petrucci, Vai, Satch) and also Paul Gilbert, cos I'm into the shred as well, but I'm not sure who is coming in the near future... Dream Theater are possibly coming at the end of the year which I would really love, but yeah, not sure of any really Tech bands...

Haha, yeah, I know that shop! Walk by there to the G3 bus stop thing every couple of days! Must be sick working in a music store, I would die for a job like that:OMG: !

Jesus christ, if DT came, I would piss myself, that would be a dream... Tickets would cost sooo much though, too much for pissy budget. Mike Portnoy up on a rotating stage... Ahh... What a dream!

I'll come by and say hi, if I remember to! Fancy a CD trade?

In the vein of this kind of music... I got about 17/18 gigs of Death Metal, Technical Death, Progressive Death, and Progressive Metal... Bit of Avantgarde on the side, plus some shitty Black Metal... Plus a ton of Power Metal!

Progressive Metal... Some of my favourite prog albums-

Entire DT collection
Aghora
Alarum (sick aussie band)
Angra
Atheist
Cynic
Ephel Duath
Frantic Bleep
LTE
Arcturus

Plus a whole lotta viking/power metal which is similar... Angra, Demons and Wizards, Elven King etc...

Exluding Technical Death Metal/Progressive Death, that's the stuff that has any comparisons to Spiral Architect...

Just throws some names in the air, and I'll chuck em onto a data disk.