HALCYON WAY with KORPIKLAANI & TYR - January 18

Thanks. It depends on whatever my friends wanna do...if they wanna go early, I'll catch you the locals but I'm not sure yet they'll be 4 people with me.

Thanks to everyone that has bought tickets, tell your friends because we can either put them at will call or meet you before the show!

Thanks to everyone that has bought tickets, tell your friends because we can either put them at will call or meet you before the show!

I just found out that I will be going to this, so I didn't want to buy a ticket ahead of time, but now that I am gonna be there for sure, can I meet one of you guys at the venue and buy a ticket? I don't want to have to deal with Will call.

yeah, just find one of us or our significant others and we'll hook you up.. that is, unless the masq already forced us to settle up and relinquish our remaining tickets. Get there by 6 and you should be fine. \m/

Let's make an epic folk metal dancing pit happen:

korpiklaani160_535054.jpg

Late night last night but I had a blast. Didn't get in till 4:30! I enjoyed all the bands except I could have done without Swashbuckle. Korpiklanni was incredible and TYR is goint to tear it up this year at the festival!! Hope everyone that went enjoyed it as much as I did.

We left after Tyr played. I enjoyed Tyr so much and can't wait to see them at PPUSA. Glenn might need one of those no moshing/stagediving disclaimers. There wasn't a lot of that but I would say 8 or 9 people went up over the course of their set and there was a small pit going for TYR. It was cool seeing Halcyon Way again. I love the new song they played Inversion.

Tyr did indeed kick ass, but I was also VERY impressed with White Wizzard. Great old school metal! Tyr will be a great addition to the festival.

BIG thanks to everyone who watched our set and shared kind words for us last night. We had a blast, despite the technical difficulties at the beginning of the set. Kudos to Halcyon Way on a solid set as well!

Short review:

I missed the locals. We got there when White Wizard was finishing their set. They sounded pretty good but I only got to see one song.

I don't like Swashbuckle or Alestorm and to be honest, I get them mixed up. But I heard Swashbuckle was better live and that was right. They were really fun live and knew how to get the crowd going. I'm still not a fan but I would definitely see them again.

I've never been a fan of Tyr and this was the 2nd time I've seen them. This time, I saw the first few songs then my friend wanted to go outside and smoke so we just all went out there with him. I heard some songs from outside but I just can't get into them. I've tried many times...I don't dislike them, they just bore me.

Korpiklaani exceeded my expectations by a mile. They were amazing. I couldn't understand a damn word the singer was saying but they played a long set and made up for not coming here on Paganfest II. My only complaint was that sometimes you couldn't hear the accordion in some songs and the violin sometimes, but overall, the sound was great. I only wanted 2 things. 1. Pine Woods. 2. Epic Folk Metal Dancing Pit. I got both. So it was definitely one of the most fun shows I've ever been to.

Tyr played a lot off of their new album (more than half of the songs) which definitely was a set of their faster music and less of their more doomy stuff, whcih probably works better on album than live. Good times though.

yeah, just find one of us or our significant others and we'll hook you up.. that is, unless the masq already forced us to settle up and relinquish our remaining tickets.

Yep, and the Masquerade did. Oh, well.

We left after Tyr played. I enjoyed Tyr so much and can't wait to see them at PPUSA. Glenn might need one of those no moshing/stagediving disclaimers. There wasn't a lot of that but I would say 8 or 9 people went up over the course of their set and there was a small pit going for TYR.

I think that was the first time I've ever seen crowd-surfers attempt -- and largely succeed -- at crowd-surfing in THAT small of an audience. Not that the audience was tiny -- I estimate around 175-200 -- but it wasn't all that densely packed.

Tyr actually exceeded my expectations, even with the short set. Their crowd-response was at least as good as Korpiklaani's. They're going to slay at PP. :kickass:

And I pity the fewl who questions the sword. :lol:

It was cool seeing Halcyon Way again. I love the new song they played Inversion.

It was a good show but I thought Steve's vocals were often buried in the mix. Still, the house sound was better for both local openers than I've come to expect from the Masquerade. First time seeing Brazen Angel and I thought they were pretty good!

I liked White Wizzard...didn't see any of Swashbuckle as I was outside talkin' to people.
Korpiklaani were really good...I'm not note-by-note familiar with too much of their stuff but they were hella entertaining. Long set though and Ripper and I decided to bail just after they started their encore.

Fun night. Good seeing everyone. And since Digger came up from Florida with his armor for sale, I didn't have to drag mine out of the car. :)