Halo 2

My friends and I seem to be the only 3 people in the known gaming world who are a bit dissapointed in it. I've grown used to it but it still dissapoints me a bit.

I play online sometimes, shadowsndust78 is my tag if you ever see me.

Final_Vision said:
My friends and I seem to be the only 3 people in the known gaming world who are a bit dissapointed in it. I've grown used to it but it still dissapoints me a bit.

I play online sometimes, shadowsndust78 is my tag if you ever see me.
I've heard of a few people who not only were disappointed, but thought that they actually ruined Halo.

As for me, I'm hooked on the Campaign right now. Tuesday i went over to my friends house and the 4 of us played multiplayer for about 6 hours straight.

Edgecrusher said:
I've heard of a few people who not only were disappointed, but thought that they actually ruined Halo.
Anyone give reasons?

I really like it, but it's lost something from the first time around... for one, I liked the weapons as they were. Most sci-fi shooters tend to design a bunch of weapons that you'll never ever use or just aren't very practical in most situations, but at least you could hold more than two. I thought Halo did a nice job of not geting caught up in that. Halo 2 does. Only two of the Convenant's weapons are worth picking up (energy sword, plasma rifle), and they fucked up the human weapons rather than giving you a bunch of useless ones. The assault rifle and shotgun were my favorite guns, but now you have this battle rifle with a useless 3 shot burst and an SMG that is too weak for anything but killing the imps which is hindered by the way it pulls up on you.

BigBronco4x4 said:
Anyone give reasons?

I really like it, but it's lost something from the first time around... for one, I liked the weapons as they were. Most sci-fi shooters tend to design a bunch of weapons that you'll never ever use or just aren't very practical in most situations, but at least you could hold more than two. I thought Halo did a nice job of not geting caught up in that. Halo 2 does. Only two of the Convenant's weapons are worth picking up (energy sword, plasma rifle), and they fucked up the human weapons rather than giving you a bunch of useless ones. The assault rifle and shotgun were my favorite guns, but now you have this battle rifle with a useless 3 shot burst and an SMG that is too weak for anything but killing the imps which is hindered by the way it pulls up on you.

Exactly.

I understand the weapon changes were for the sake of balance but it seems like its toying with something that wasnt really broken. The pistol is useless now and the SMG is unusable to me due to the pull you get from shooting which annoys me to no end. The Battle Rifle seems cool but overall the weapons dont feel nearly as solid and concise as they did in Halo 1.

Plus I would have like some more classic levels thrown in. Blood Gulch is just filled up with huge rocks and the only other classic is Beaver (Battle) Creek.

I also dont like the fact how on Live it takes several minutes to find a game. The worst part is that once the game is over, you have to find a completely different game. I don't understand it at all.

Overall it seems like just a lot of little nuances bugging me but they really do bug me heh. If I play a bit more I'd be down to start up a clan.

Anyone else think the Xbox live setup sucks? I've only played with my friends on Training Grounds but the fact you have to find a brand new game after every match is rediculous, especially considering it takes upwards of 2 minutes to find a game each time.

I'm getting used to the game though...becoming more enjoyable by the day.

The campaign is too short, and it bugs the fuck out of me when developers design a game primarily for online use where they can keep sucking money out of your wallet on a monthly basis. I won't be getting Live.

'kin Microsoft.

BigBronco4x4 said:
The campaign is too short, and it bugs the fuck out of me when developers design a game primarily for online use where they can keep sucking money out of your wallet on a monthly basis. I won't be getting Live.

'kin Microsoft.
I don't get it, why does it cost to play online with Xbox, but it's free for PS2?

I got the 2 free months that came with the game for now. Then i have a 3-month subscription card that came with the starter kit, but it doesn't say if it's free or not.

After that it's $50 (unless the rates have gone up?) for 12 months which really isn't TOO bad I suppose.

I was under the impression that both XBox Live and whatever PS2 has cost money. I thought it was on a monthly basis too, but whatever the cost it doesn't matter. It should be free.

In a way it ensures a stable environment for online play, at least on paper anyway. I got the year subscription when I bought the starter kit so it really doesn't seem like that bad of a deal to me.