Halo of Blood Over Europe Tour 2013

lol yeah even Alexi fckd it up when announcing one of the songs ! Was starting to announce "Bodom.....oh noo I fckd it up didnt I" Cant remember which one it was instead lol was fun. Think they had a great time in CpH. They seemed relaxed n up for it n enjoying themselves. He even did the guitar swing which went pretty well lol.

edit

Checked my vids and yeah they did

Halo of Blood
Scream for Silence
(Bodom After Midnight)
Kissing the Shadows

...and when annoncing BAM he went oh no fckd it up ! blahblahblah kissing the shadooooows !!! Got it on kindabadsoundfrommyiphone vid btw ! Might post it on utube since the song is rare live :)

editedit

Posting the clip on youtube now m/

aaand here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo9nUF_OR-Q

- where is the utube link button thing ffs?

:p Nice upload @chb! It's seems Alexi got his own stand up moment. Hahaha :lol:

http://www.rockfreaks.net/gigs/800

Review of the Copenhagen show

Children Of Bodom

At 22.05, Finlands biggest heavy metal band are ready to take the stage. As the lights dim, the silhouette of Jaska Raatikainen appears beyond the drumset, eventually the rest of the members walk on with devil horns raised high. Having garnered a reputation as one of the world’s absolute best guitarists, expectations always reach feverish heights when it comes to vocalist/lead guitarist Alexi Laiho. Despite the complete faith in his virtuoso skill on his ESP guitar, it will be interesting to see how Alexi performs as a showman on his mere third visit to the country.

As expected, COB opens with “Transference” of their latest release, Halo of Blood. A good choice in my opinion, as it is a perfect example of Children of Bodom synthesizing their neo-classical sounds of Pre “Are You Dead Yet?” days and the thrashier latter years. “Silent Night, Bodom Night” follows, and is a Children of Bodom classic, the audience immerses in their first singalong of the night. I also find myself dumbstruck by the coordination skills of both Alexi and Roope, as they perform tagteam arpeggio-style hooks upon galloping drumming by Jaska. In terms of stage presence, Alexi seems in high spirits as he communicates with the audience, but in an odd pirate like fashion, perhaps this is just “death metal” lingo. Despite seeming painfully rehearsed, Alexi seems happy to be performing to the Copenhagen Hate Crew this evening.

Featuring 4 songs from their newest album, one definitive highlight is “Halo Of Blood” which shows that Children of Bodom easily can pull-off flash beats in the best black metal style. The initial set is concluded with the immortal classics “Hate me” and the evenings highlight “Downfall”. Children of Bodom eventually return to perform one more song in the form “In Your Face”, sealing an hour and 25 minute long set.

Children of Bodom have reached a legendary status in the metal world, and in order to live up to that coronation, I expect bands to perform solid and inspiring sets of considerable length, so despite just reaching the bar on conventional set length, Children of Bodom could easily have provided a bit more. I stood slightly disappointed in the lack of songs from the “Follow the Reaper” era, but despite that little hiccup, Children of Bodom selected a nice mixture of songs spanning their long career. Well done Children of Bodom, come back and give us even more next time.

Setlist:

1. Transference
2. Silent Night, Bodom Night
3. Sixpounder
4. Halo of Blood
5. Scream for Silence
6. Kissing the Shadows
7. Lake Bodom
8. Hate Crew Deathroll
9. Shovel Knockout
10. Dead Man's Hand on You
11. Are You Dead Yet?
12. Blooddrunk
13. Everytime I Die
14. Towards Dead End
15. Hate Me!
16. Downfall

--Encore--

17. In Your Face

Hahaaa perfect Sleeper ! Thanks a million!! Been looking for CpH reviews !! Even with a setlist ! Thanx a million for posting this !!

A headsup to anyone on here in the UK, going to the Bournemouth show, 7th October: the venue has changed, apparently, from the O2 Academy to The Old Fire Station. I haven't had any official notification from the venue, but COB have just posted this on their facebook page

"COB is soon coming to the UK & Ireland with Napalm Death, Insomnium and Medeia!

HALO OF BLOOD OVER UK & IRELAND:
October 07 - The Old Fire Station, Bournemouth (New venue)"

Where was this announced? I'm seeing them in Bristol. I wonder if they're going to do a signing here in Bristol. :)

Signing lasted maybe 5 minutes lol i missed it. Maxim was lucky enouh to get his kb signed.

The show was good but to many crowdsurfers.
Notable mention: they played towards dead end!

Me and maxim both caught a plectrum alexi used :D

I didn't catch Alexi's one but Henkka gave me his one! :D Way much cooler imo (as it doesn't look like as others Jazz III).

You can see it there, on the keyboard back.

1374984_10202067625921823_1234925589_n.jpg

And by the way, we could clearly see that there was this:

1374093_10202060791230960_1167549535_n.jpg
in the left side of the sage.

(this is not my picture, it comes from the website quoted in the other thread)

Setlist.fm says they only played 14 songs in Belgium yesterday, compared to 17 songs in for example Berlin. Is it just not complete (it's known to be somewhat unreliable) or did they really have a shorter set for whatever reason?

Setlist.fm says they only played 14 songs in Belgium yesterday, compared to 17 songs in for example Berlin. Is it just not complete (it's known to be somewhat unreliable) or did they really have a shorter set for whatever reason?

I found them a little demotivated. they really gave a gig kinda like "ok, we are here, gotta do gig lets get it done" only one being funny was janne

last time they were in belgium with ensiferum they were alot better. but ye, it was last day of tour back then also.

The belgian setlist:

1. Transference
3. Sixpounder
4. Halo of Blood
5. Scream for Silence
6. Lake Bodom
7. Bodom After Midnight
8. Hate Crew Deathroll
9. Dead Man's Hand on You
10. Are You Dead Yet?
11. Everytime I Die
12. Towards Dead End
13. Downfall

Encore:
14. In Your Face

They did not play Kissing the Shadows, Blooddrunk or Hate Me!. I think there isn't one missing :(

And no song from Blooddrunk or Relentless Reckless Forever album !

The belgian setlist:

1. Transference
3. Sixpounder
4. Halo of Blood
5. Scream for Silence
6. Lake Bodom
7. Bodom After Midnight
8. Hate Crew Deathroll
9. Dead Man's Hand on You
10. Are You Dead Yet?
11. Everytime I Die
12. Towards Dead End
13. Downfall

Encore:
14. In Your Face

They did not play Kissing the Shadows, Blooddrunk or Hate Me!. I think there isn't one missing :(

And no song from Blooddrunk or Relentless Reckless Forever album !

ye i so wanna see KTS live, since i heard he can play it again since that fail performance at..wacken i beleive it was? the gig wher ehe screwed that song so hard

I found them a little demotivated. they really gave a gig kinda like "ok, we are here, gotta do gig lets get it done" only one being funny was janne

last time they were in belgium with ensiferum they were alot better. but ye, it was last day of tour back then also.

Alexi has been unwell for the last couple of shows, which is bound to have an impact on the performance

How many CDs do you think Laiho will sign after the gig for me? I'm taking a bag with 20 CDs. What ones should I get signed?