The Ugly World Tour 2011

I was waiting for they play a piece of any fave cover song, actually for play "Don't Stop Believing" and Alexi simply did it. Sensational! ^^

That was one of my favorite parts of the concert!
I've just found the video of it :) Under the same account there's some other videos of the show here, if someone's interested...

Last edited by a moderator:
The show COB did in Uruguay SUCKED BIG TIME. I mean, you arrive for a show that we were waiting for 15 (15!) years, and you can´t afford to play more than 30 minutes? And no explanation given to us?
People from all over the country came to see you guys! I think that the great error of the concert, was that the band clearly should have apologized before leaving, and would have been very good to have played 3 or 4 songs without Alexi, saying something like ... "Given that Alexi can not sing again, sing and give you strength to recover" ... If they did that broke it, as the band looked good stop, he had been given to people participation, which would have sung with all the enthusiasm in honor of his idol. But no, they lacked contact with the public, they lacked charisma. Now everyone is pissed and I can not help to do anything but understand. I feel like we were considered second class fans.

Just SO dissapointed.

It was Finland's national day and they were in a hurry to see The Unknown Soldier. SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE VITUN RYSSÄT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, guys. So Alexi really had some throat problems after all.
So that's why they wrote "sorry" on their Facebook wall.
I hope it's not something bigger, tho. )):

I don´t really know, Loviisa. It´s not like we are in a country that they come every year or every two years, it was the first, and sadly, the last chance to see them live in Uruguay. I think that they didn´t respect us at all as their fans.
And I tell you again, they dissapointed me as a band. I mean, if Alexi is not there, ok, he was sick, and we will understand, but do something!!! Where´s Roope? Jaska? Janne? A solo, talk to us on the mic, anything!!!

And a lame "Sorry" in Facebook won´t fix that, Alexi.

Are you sure it was the throat that was the problem, when they didn't say anything?

This (cancelling gig for health or technical reasons) has happened a bunch of times during the years. They should've just played the songs without vocals, that's what I honestly think. This should be considered before it happens, cos it has happened before. Cancelling a COB concert because of bad vocals sounds just funny to me: the vocals haven't been very good for almost ten years and people care about the music first and foremost.

In my personal opinion the new music, worn-out vocals, Alexi's weird on-stage attitude and the somewhat uncreative setlists take away the magic of the live experience, but simply disappearing from stage is something else. But what can you do, it's not like they're gonna start fooling around playing pop songs to give something in return for your money, if they can't play their actual music.

As for the 2001 vs 2011 thing, it's natural that people change, but with the rock star touring life style it's hard to stay focused and spiritual, so I guess respect they're still going strong and there's nothing stopping them making a few more albums if there is enough passion... it's Alexi mostly who's changed, this kind of stuff always makes me think the label are dragging him like a ragdoll across dusty deserts without caring for the art, just for money.

^Yes, when the party starts in the president's castle everyone's polite and sophisticated, looking bored as hell, but when they get over the formalities and actual drinking starts everyone's fucking each other in night clubs and it's all about the Russians.

Hey, chill out, I'm not actually making any judgement here.

What I'm saying is that he was already sick here in Brazil, and now I'm surprised to know that he managed to play 30, 45 minutes in Uruguay even though he looked totally fucked up in the end of the show here, to the point I thought he wouldn't manage to sing the last three songs. If he didn't respect his fans at all he would just have cancelled the gig and end of story, right?

Playing w/o Alexi, hm, it might have been some option, but he is the lead guitar too, and for what I know now he was feeling like shit and not just with some throat problems. We can't assume that Roope would make it for both them, and even if the vocals don't sound very good since 2001, it still being the vocals anyway. W/o all this, the stage would chill and it would be totally awkward. And we can't tell how all fans would react, right? I don't really know how it works on the backstage when these things happen, but it's not like any of them would go on stage and say "I'm sorry dudes we're leaving the show in the middle because our singer is feeling like legit shit"? I don't know.

Even though I'm a fan for a couple of years already, I don't have the rights to assume anything when discussing with people who are visibly a lot more used to the fanbase and the band itself than I am. Personal opinions are personal, but if there's something I believe, it that as much as the years have changed them and their behavior and even their music (what's acceptable since they went from "some young guys that play quite well" to something really big and recognized in the worldwide metal scenery), they wouldn't be here without the fans who supported them so far and they won't be going anywhere if they start treating them like shit. I believe they had good reasons and it's not like they cancel shows every week, so, at least for me, there's no point in hating on them because of something that might happen sometimes. Before going nuts with me, I've already lived something really similar when Anette from Nightwish left the stage midway and the band just after her. I know how shitty it is, but we should try to understand that, among the thousand shows they make every year, some might go fantastic, other not so awesome, and some just totally wrong.

The show COB did in Uruguay SUCKED BIG TIME. I mean, you arrive for a show that we were waiting for 15 (15!) years, and you can´t afford to play more than 30 minutes? And no explanation given to us?
People from all over the country came to see you guys! I think that the great error of the concert, was that the band clearly should have apologized before leaving, and would have been very good to have played 3 or 4 songs without Alexi, saying something like ... "Given that Alexi can not sing again, sing and give you strength to recover" ... If they did that broke it, as the band looked good stop, he had been given to people participation, which would have sung with all the enthusiasm in honor of his idol. But no, they lacked contact with the public, they lacked charisma. Now everyone is pissed and I can not help to do anything but understand. I feel like we were considered second class fans.

Just SO dissapointed.

Totally, i feel so disappointed too.
Whatever,if you drink,and feel sick,why do you don´t run the gig to the next day?

I really, really fell sorry for Uruguayan fans. The tour had been amazing until now. In other hand, hope the fans understand Alexi's health problems, shit just happens.

I think you´re right, but you are telling this from a country that is expecting to see this kind of shows in every tour, here in Uruguay don´t have the opportunity to do so, so we can´t take it that lightly because we can´t see them every tour. It was a once in a lifetime chance, and they blew it.

I think you´re right, but you are telling this from a country that is expecting to see this kind of shows in every tour, here in Uruguay don´t have the opportunity to do so, so we can´t take it that lightly because we can´t see them every tour. It was a once in a lifetime chance, and they blew it.

I totally understand you dude and let me tell you, I live in a city in Brazil wich is not a metal scene place so for me to see concerts bands I like just need to travel to São Paulo or Rio, spend 3, 4 hours in a plane, spend money with hotel and other stuffs. Google where BELÉM is situated in Brazil compared to São Paulo and tell me.

When I said "I fell really sorry" certainly could imagine the dissapointment of the fans who travel for hours, spend money, wait for so long... :(

This wont go well for a long time. We all know that sooner or later they have to find vocal replacement. Then Alexi could play more songs without worrying how to put them together with the vocals. It will be much better.