The Ugly World Tour 2011

perhaps in tokyo? as you said once- they have two shows there and if they play songs totally wrong they could use the other recording.
IF they film the DVD in Tokyo it would be awesome to sell it with the old tokyo show they never released as a DVD :)

Ah yes of course, I forgot. It's clear they'll do it in Tokyo.

Children Of Bodom Live In Tokyo to be released in 2012.

Israel gig reveals Relentless Reckless Forever as opening track in the set. This is confirmation I view their music differently, or it's another of their label's ideas. Why this song? I understand it's got an opening vibe more than PMS or CotN or NPTD if they were ordered to play a new one... But they have such songs as Chokehold, Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood, Knuckleduster, which would all work great as surprise gig openers, and other songs which would just be very interesting openers despite not necessarily having opening vibe. That note in the melody sounds more dimensional here cos Janne uses the pitch and vibration bends but in my eyes it's not creative enough of a song. The depth of the music has moved to a frequency that is more superficial, this just doesn't feel serious enough. Hope others like it.

Looking forward to the setlist. Looks like there's no other surprises. Bodom After Midnight was played. The Israeli crowd seemed energetic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3_9INk-h3A&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
^אתה ישראלי? זה היה כיף?

lol, Yes im Israelian , It was amazing ! this was the nest show I've ever seen , was in the front row where henkka was most of the time , amazing setlist ,wasnt sloppy at all , amazing solos ,the place was too small , the show was sold out and there was no air to breath XD
had the time of my life ! , and henkka gave me a guitar pick :)
too bad they didn't had instore signing I wanted to see them so badly...
all in all ..AMAZING SHOW !

Your words make me so excited, cuz every time I see their shows, I always feel like you! I can't wait for Tokyo shows coming in 2wks! If they record the shows for DVD, that'd be nice...even though the cameras are bothering!
lol, Yes im Israelian , It was amazing ! this was the nest show I've ever seen , was in the front row where henkka was most of the time , amazing setlist ,wasnt sloppy at all , amazing solos ,the place was too small , the show was sold out and there was no air to breath XD
had the time of my life ! , and henkka gave me a guitar pick :)
too bad they didn't had instore signing I wanted to see them so badly...
all in all ..AMAZING SHOW !

15th Anniversary North American Tour

08 Nov 2011

CHILDREN OF BODOM have announced a North American headlining tour in celebration of the band’s 15th Anniversary. Presented by ESP in association with Full Metal Jackie, the quindecennial trek will kick off on January 30, 2012 in Rochester, NY and run through March 4, hitting 26 cities over the course of the five week jaunt. Support on the CHILDREN OF BODOM anniversary tour will come from Swiss folk metal band Eluveitie, Boston extreme metal band Revocation and Canada’s Threat Signal.

ESP Guitars presents CHILDREN OF BODOM
With Eluveitie, Revocation and Threat Signal
In association with Full Metal Jackie
Brought to you by Spinefarm Records, Good Fight Entertainment,
Nuclear Blast Records, Relapse Records & ACTION! PR

January 30 - Water Street Music Hall, Rochester, NY
January 31 - Harpo's, Detroit, MI
February 2 - Intersection, Grand Rapids, MI
February 3 - The Rave, Milwaukee, WI
February 4 - Pop's, Sauget, IL
February 6 - Granada Theatre, Lawrence, KS
February 7 - Gothic Theatre, Englewood, CO
February 9 - House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV
February 10 - The Complex, Salt Lake city, UT
February 11 - Knitting Factory, Boise, ID
February 13 - Yost Theatre, Santa Ana, CA
February 14 - House of Blues, San Diego, CA
February 15 - Marquee Theatre, Phoenix, AZ
February 17 - Sunshine Theatre, Albuquerque, NM
February 18 - Tricky Falls, El Paso, TX
February 19 - The Pavilion, Lubbock, TX
February 21 - Emo's East, Austin, TX
February 22 - Warehouse Live, Houston, TX
February 24 - Expo Five, Louisville, KY
February 25 - Peabody's, Cleveland, OH
February 26 - Sound Academy, Toronto, ON
February 27 - Metropolis, Montreal, QC
February 29 - Imperial, Quebec City, QC
March 1 - Webster Theatre, Hartford, CT
March 2 - The Paramount Theater, Huntington, NY
March 3 - Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ
March 4 - Ram's Head Live, Baltimore, MD

Singapore gig was mediocre, very bad sound quality of Alexis vocal and guitar, but open air venue and wild moshpit did things better:) I want to notice one thing: As I am not local, I was going to venue in wrong way and I saw sitting Jani with Henka on the swings. I asked them to take photo, and Jani said not right now. They were not in a rush, just sitting and talking. I wonder, does everybody in COB are not friendly with fans? That was rude... :(

I want to notice one thing: As I am not local, I was going to venue in wrong way and I saw sitting Jani with Henka on the swings. I asked them to take photo, and Jani said not right now. They were not in a rush, just sitting and talking. I wonder, does everybody in COB are not friendly with fans? That was rude... :(

I doubt he was being intentionally rude. Most bands prefer not to interact with fans before the show (unless, of course it's for an official 'meet & greet' or something like that); they want that time to relax and get mentally ready. COB are pretty good at meeting/chatting/taking photos with their fans afterwards. I guess you maybe just stumbled on them at the wrong moment :erk:

Two things to say about this whole Ugly World tour: Living Dead Beat is their best live song at this moment in time, and the curtains hanging from the stage ceiling create good mood with the Intro (remember that atmosphere stuff I keep bragging about in every post) - they seem to represent the knife-torn fabrics of the Bodom murder tent - as I stated previously regarding the Reaper's hood in the RRF cover art, everyone familiar with the case should notice the similarity.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51EjmNNJUbM&feature=related[/ame]

What if it is the actual Bodom murder tent, now that would be cool, haha.

I went to both Tokyo shows, it was insanely good. I was really surprised when they played a medley of Children of Bodom/Deadnight Warrior.

Roope was fucking plastered on the day they left Japan though, hahaha :D

I was really surprised when they played a medley of Children of Bodom/Deadnight Warrior.

The way COB's songs are usually constructed, it's logical. It's more important to the audience to hear the dynamic, characteristic first half of an old song whereas they think playing the complex solo sections before the last chorus is kinda unnecessary, so that's when they cut to another song. The songs that have been split include Towards Dead End, Children Of Bodom, Bodom After Midnigt (that one was with solos tho), Children Of Decadence, Mask Of Sanity... I think this can be interesting when done right, but when done wrong it's just lame. I think they should rather play the first half of some new songs and play full old songs instead. :p