The Ugly World Tour 2011

I totally understand you dude and let me tell you, I live in a city in Brazil wich is not a metal scene place so for me to see concerts bands I like just need to travel to São Paulo or Rio, spend 3, 4 hours in a plane, spend money with hotel and other stuffs. Google where BELÉM is situated in Brazil compared to São Paulo and tell me.

When I said "I fell really sorry" certainly could imagine the dissapointment of the fans who travel for hours, spend money, wait for so long... :(

I´m sorry if I didn´t make myself clear. I know were Belem is, my mother is brazilian (proud of it). I had the same troble but exchange plane for bus, so I get what you´re saying.

Saudação para você.

This wont go well for a long time. We all know that sooner or later they have to find vocal replacement. Then Alexi could play more songs without worrying how to put them together with the vocals. It will be much better.

I would approve of this, why pretend it's the same Bodom it was ten years ago. But, I think one of the reasons they started being different is because he can no longer do the old vocals.

The thing is if they took another guy to do the vocals it would obviously have to mean they particularly want to return to the ~99 style vocals with new albums - if not, there's absolutely no reason to take another vocalist, I'm 100% sure the band would rather quit. Alexi CAN do the modern Bodom vocals, but not the old ones.

Uruguayan set list. Pretty much simmilar to Brazilian but with less 3 songs. Pitty.

392043_214531505287831_213841415356840_480729_1099649976_n.jpg

Didn´t do it all. And some were done by half. I was there.

What you have to understand is that people are not angry with Alexi Lahio, but with the rest of the band did not know what to do.

What happened to the musicians that are always so virtuous? Were they painted? Improvisation? Talent? This is to demonstrate their falsity and not care about their "fans" and the public who tries to go see them, let's face it, do not be so stupid to say, " played only 30 minutes but it was good!" What is it? That's being an idiot, just to be "someone important" all is forgiven and everything is fine. That is not true, the rest of the band were shown to have no musician attitude and charisma to his audience. At the end of the show all of them weaseled out. We must not be blind and be realistic.

Hey guys, I do feel sorry for the Uruguay fans. I haven't been in your situation but I live in a country (Malaysia, beautiful country but really in need of music freedom) where metal is considered bad influence so we don't get ANY metal bands coming in at all! Imagine that. While I cannot imagine how disappointed I would be if I was in your position, if I could see Bodom for only 30mins I'd still be happy. Nobody knows the exact reason why they cancelled the show so I feel we should give them the benefit of the doubt because Bodom do love their fans. Do remember that artists are a product owned by their record company so don't take it out on the band so quickly.

As for me, I flew all the way to Sydney, Australia to see Bodom for the first time! They did play in neighbouring countries (eg. Indonesia, Singapore and Phillipines) but my metalhead friends are in Sydney so I decided to catch them there which was the best decision I ever made in my life! They mixed up their setlist which totally blew my mind! I was quite disappointed that they didn't play my top favourites eg. Needled 24/7, Everytime I Die and Follow The Reaper but they did play Kissing The Shadows which I wished they'd play live. Alexi did seem a bit 'shy' in the first few songs as he was just focused on playing and didn't scream the vocals but as the night went on (and the booze kicked in) he got comfortable and delivered a great show. Even superstars get nervous on stage and it's perfectly acceptable, they're only human. The rest of the band were awesome too although there wasn't much crowd interaction until the finale. They were very humble on stage, thanking the crowd after almost every song (which at some point made me think it was over! lol) and as usual Alexi shared the attention with the rest of the band. I was right in front despite being squashed occasionally by big burly drunk men but I stuck it out to the end. It was worth it because at the end the security gave me the setlist! :D Henkka was too far to my left and Jaska was quite far behind but Alexi was just 3m to my left, Roope, 2m to my right and Janne right across me and watching them have fun on stage made me enjoy the show even more. I never thought I'd see Bodom live so I'm happy with whatever I got that day. Easily the BEST night of my life! I really want to see them again and I wish to see them play Children of Decadence and Black Widow live. I hope they keep coming up with new albums although I feel their best years have already passed. :(

Here's the setlist for the Sydney, 12 Nov show:
ULBA9.jpg

p/s: I love how Bodom Beach Terror is labelled BBQ.

And the link to HCDR finale uploaded by me:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from Santiago ^^, also the concert in Buenos Aires was sooo great, both full of energy and memorable. Alexi seemed to be better even with a failing voice in some points of the show. Could feel that people from those countries were really expecting for the gig, they're passionate and did their best as fans, crowd..

Have few shots to share but I'm going to have some serious sleep. I've been on "tour" since the concert in Mexico and I'm done! Never thought I could stand for so long jump from plane to another, get different time zones and be ok on the next day. These boyz are heroes, just saying.

Now ZzZzZzzing...

May someone post the setlist from tonight's Helsinki gig, I'm not deciding on attending tomorrow before I find out if the setlist has been spiced up.

Pretty much the same setlist tonight in Helsinki, just a different order. Great show, especially during Living Dead Beat, when Alexi discovered his guitar was minus its whammy bar :lol: Looking forward to Tampere tomorrow!

Sleeper666: The venue in Tampere is a way better than Circus in Helsinki. So, have a good one!

I liked to see the energy when guys were playing on the home field. Unfortunately I found Circus not so great place - again. (I wish to see them playing in Tavastia again... )

I'm really not a fan of the current setlist. Most of the songs have been raped to death and others just don't work live imo. Only a few songs interest me. Of course, if I could decide on their setlist, I could pay quadriple times the money, or if I could decide on just one particular song, I'd go. Maybe I'll pass this one and save my money. I'd wait outside and throw a snowball at Janne but there's no snow. :(