happiness

Sopel

the crestfallen
Jan 4, 2002
southern Poland
sopel.webd.pl
most of us (people) are usually aiming to achieve full/total happiness, thus they are very often unhappy with some things in their life, with their life. well, what do you think, why do people still think about what they haven't got... instead of thinking about how much they have?

btw, everything always can be worse...

Well depends on what those things you haven't got are.
I don't need much to be happy.. even only a nice message like "hello, I'm thinking of you" can save my day and make me smile for the next couple of hours.
But then there are things we all need.. friends, family, people who understand you... If you don't feel needed it can make you feel very bad.

Sopel said:
btw, everything always can be worse...

indeed. there were times I really thought it's false, but life has shown me it isn't...

think I'm not the good one to talk about this, knowing myself as a little girl living in the past, or somewhere else but here; but in my opinion ppl are just like this. nothing is enough for them and they always want more. (maybe afraid of getting bored if they have all they want)
I had times when I said that it's enough and I never wish anything else again, and it was just "perfect". by the way, nothing is perfect imo, the good thing is if you learn to see they are perfect together with their bad things. two different words imo... that's what I learned and maybe after a situation like this, ppl just become blind and want back that they'd lost, not looking on the things they'd gained.
unfortunately I don't say this because I am able to do this, but at last I have no problem with myself, like others often have.

I'm not unhappy. Just worried I'll wake up ten years later and realise I didn't live up to my potential (?) you know. That I never took that little step and do something good and important for me, eh.

now i can say i am reaallyyyy happy...
1 no problems with family...
2 no problems at school...
3 my love...
4 2 Anathema gigs ( in warsaw and cracow) =)
5 food warm house :)
6 internet ;)

i am the hapiest creature in the world =) i don't need anything else :)

but true is that people still wants more :) even when they have everything they want more and more and it makes them sad... people can't realize how happy they are... ( i realized) :) but i know it could be better ;)

My fav song when I was like 13-14 was "Don't know what you've got (till it's gone)" by Cinderella :Spin: .

I'm not really comforted by the fact that everything could be worse, quite the opposite if anything.

Well, I think it`s an inseparable aspect of human nature, we somehow get bored and start to feel uncomfortable when we achieve "full happiness", then we start to seek for something else, sth bigger, better or just different. In my opinion if one starts to feel totally relaxed with what he`s got and what he is, he`s no point to carry on. Sooner or later he`ll start to think there`s sth wrong even if it seems to be perfect. It`s crucial to have some goals, dreams, sometimes impossible or almost impossible to fulfil, sth to yearn for. It just makes it all - life reasonable. Human beings are weird creatures & fuck up good things very eagerly even if there`s no visible logic in what they do :p. I guess this is how it works, though I don`t know - it`s just mu opinion.

Crack Hitler said:
I'm not unhappy. Just worried I'll wake up ten years later and realise I didn't live up to my potential (?) you know. That I never took that little step and do something good and important for me, eh.

oh brother, i guess theres something alike in us then..

Eos said:
I don't need much to be happy.. even only a nice message like "hello, I'm thinking of you" can save my day and make me smile for the next couple of hours.

Not to seem like a sissy, but I feel the same way about what Eos just said (read: quote). I also agree with sopel about people always trying to achieve something else and don't stop and think about what they have.

I have to admit that I feel quite good about my life as it is, but still I can't see the harm in doing something I like while I have a good life. Right now I try to achieve good grades, some money for stuff I'd like and that's it. :)

Crack Hitler said:
I'm not unhappy. Just worried I'll wake up ten years later and realise I didn't live up to my potential (?) you know.
Same here... I'm satisfied with the things I reached but you don't know how far you can go if you don't try it. Sure, you can fall down too but I suppose not trying it at all would make me unhappier than falling down sometimes.
There are so many people here who just don't try to break out of the life they got into (that's the typical swiss way... just breathe and don't do or say anything :erk: ). Some may be happy with it but a lot of people here get bitter with age. For me, one day when I get old at least I can say that I gave my best and that I tried it.

Maslow's pyramid:

image004.gif

I seldomly feel really happy these days, most of the times it's only a stupid laughter, trivial you know.

"why do people still think about what they haven't got... instead of thinking about how much they have?" - Well,i guess there are two answers. First of all the one mentioned: Greediness (or sometimes enviousness). On the other hand i think that some people don't think about what they already got, cause it's sometimes not the things you wanted to have like, but longed for sth different, if you get my meaning.

Don´t think too much about it... The process of thinking is followed by passivity which is followed by the process of too much thinking, which leads to emotional instability, which leads to the process of thinking to much...

Break the circle do something... easy isn´t it?

Frodnat said:
Don´t think too much about it... The process of thinking is followed by passivity which is followed by the process of too much thinking, which leads to emotional instability, which leads to the process of thinking to much...

Break the circle do something... easy isn´t it?
:OMG: you make everything sound so easy. i wonder if you always that positive.

please stop thinking about all those difficult words you have to use.
and break the circle of not making any sence