Happy Metal

Whuffa

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2004
Help me out.
I'm mostly into Hard Rock.
But
I tried some Avantasia - The Metal Opera and loved the cd.
Getting titled Happy Metal I did some more searches.
I found the band Freedom Call.
They are now one of my favorite bands.

Now that I have all their cd's anyone out there who likes this stuff and care to recommend some cd's.

Jon

I really dislike Happy metal, but since no one has replied yet here are some bands that have excellent skills and stupid songs: Helloween, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, Manowar, Startovarius, Primal Fear, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Rhapsody, Vision Divine, Labyrinth, Angra- well all those bands are either happy or kind of raise your fist for heavy metal type bands, and very talented at what they do. Once you check out a few of these bands, there seems to be a hundred ore that play exactly the same thing with the same riffs lyrics, vocalists etc. Its been a while since i was subjected to this crap( guitarist in the old band I was in was a big power metal fan, needless to say we had quite a few arguments).

Non power metal happy stuff, IVe always liked the sort of tongue in cheek happiness of Faith No More, FU Manchu, Kyuss, really most stoner metal has a happiness for me, but i dont think this is what u are looking for

Gamma Ray
Freedom Call
Rhapsody
Dragonforce :cool:
Wuthering Heights
Sonata Arctica (Depressing yet goofy lyrics, instrumentals are very upbeat though)
Hammerfall
Aina (In the same vein as Avantasia, but overly happy but upbeat)
Helloween

Thanks, now I got to go find some sound samples.
Have never heard many of the bands metioned.

Jon

I used to like some power metal bands... now the only ones I like are Lost Horizon, Elvenking ( a little too cheesy but still interesting ) and Falconer ( cheesy too ). Now I got interested in other genres.

I don't consider "happy" to be about lyrics, but more of a "vibe." Metal that gives a positive vibe:

Vanden Plas
Pagans Mind
Accept mid-late 80's (sounds cheesy ar first, but the more you listen, the more you realize this band should have been as popular as nearly any band from the era. Holds up well for it's age)
Angel Dust (negative lyrics but a real uplifting vibe)

Bryant

I wouldn't say Bal-Sagoth gives off a happy vibe, but more of an epic, bombastic vibe... nothing in their music is particularly pleasant thematically or musically... but very.. BIG. Life sucks, that's an awesome list by the way.. perfect happy metal

I don't understand what's wrong on being happy.
If some people wants to be sad, listening to music with awful growling and negative lyrics, they are free to do it. But don't think that this is meaning of being MACHOS!
What they would say about people listening to The Rasmus, Offspring, Lenny Kraviz and so on? Kill them? Maybe yes...

P.S. Angra are great musicians, much more than many Death Metal Bands players!!