Hardcore Music?

first of all, what a lot of ppl are saying about hardcore kids is true, theres not many hardcore kids down in south florida but the ones that are around, that i see are all pricks, at the metal shows they always come and act like theyre the greatest, theyre always the ones to be punching and kicking in the pit which is why i hate pits and dont go to shows often, its the same with the "death metal skinheads" around, they do the same thing which leads me to believe they too are hardcore bitches, i only speak for south florida, but goddamn if theyre all like this then they should stay away from metal shows

i call myself a metalhead and im in high school, im not some neanderthal whos going to drop out, i personally cannot stand hardcore music b/c to me it sounds like watered down political death metal for the most part, i think the hardcore kids need to just get their asses kicked by some little trendy punk kids, and btw theres only 3 metalheads at my school including me, the rest of the metalheads i know are 25 and up

and yes metalheads basically want to be left alone, but i really dont think metalheads want to be left alone by other metalheads, just by annoying trendy ppl who have nothing in common with us, we give other metalheads new bands when they ask, we never make anyone do anything and personally theres quite a few bands that id rather keep to myself than let the hardcore/other trendy kids have, like opeth

MightyDrynwhyl said:
first of all, what a lot of ppl are saying about hardcore kids is true, theres not many hardcore kids down in south florida but the ones that are around, that i see are all pricks, at the metal shows they always come and act like theyre the greatest, theyre always the ones to be punching and kicking in the pit which is why i hate pits and dont go to shows often, its the same with the "death metal skinheads" around, they do the same thing which leads me to believe they too are hardcore bitches, i only speak for south florida, but goddamn if theyre all like this then they should stay away from metal shows

which part of south florda are you from, cuz i know the exact feeling considering that i am from the area (westchester, miami, fl), and of course, i get to see all the wonderful kiddies in their playground (kaffe krystal).

MightyDrynwhyl said:
and yes metalheads basically want to be left alone, but i really dont think metalheads want to be left alone by other metalheads, just by annoying trendy ppl who have nothing in common with us, we give other metalheads new bands when they ask, we never make anyone do anything and personally theres quite a few bands that id rather keep to myself than let the hardcore/other trendy kids have, like opeth

exact-a-mundo.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
theres quite a few bands that id rather keep to myself than let the hardcore/other trendy kids have, like opeth

Opeth is as trendy as trendy gets when it comes to the metal scene.

Not trying to start something, just stating the obvious. Many people outside of the metal scene know of Opeth. I heard the band on Best Buy radio, ferchristsakes.

MightyDrynwhyl said:
i live in hollywood, fl so theres not too many metalheads or hardcore ppl, but the ones around here are all assholes, im thinking about kicking the shit out of all of them since theyre always bugging us

heh, funny thing is that you live in the south florida capital of metal, and i am not just reffering to the local bands either. and yeah, i know what you mean about kicking the shit out of themm, they can be so verminous. do you go to the shows when they come down here to the culture room or the factory? are you gonna go see strapping young lad on 9/22? or nile/vader/amon amarth/kreator on 10/29?

wait...since when was hollywood the south florida capital of metal? hahaha i always thought it was ft. lauderdale w/such bands as malevolent creation and kult ov azazel

oh and btw in a few months(6?) expect to see a band called God Defilement playing local shows, im in the band,lol, we've got no material! oh and im starting a funeral/death/black/doom outfit under a name i have not decided,shameless self promotion? yes, but hey i have to start up the florida scene again!!!

MightyDrynwhyl said:
wait...since when was hollywood the south florida capital of metal? hahaha i always thought it was ft. lauderdale w/such bands as malevolent creation and kult ov azazel

oh and btw in a few months(6?) expect to see a band called God Defilement playing local shows, im in the band,lol, we've got no material! oh and im starting a funeral/death/black/doom outfit under a name i have not decided,shameless self promotion? yes, but hey i have to start up the florida scene again!!!

the nile/amon amarth/kreator/vader show is going to be at the culture room. as far as this saturday, i too can't make it, mainly b/c i don't have much of a ride and i have to work. also, if you guys get some material out for that funeral/death/black/doom band, let me know, i am starting up a metalzine (666 Magnum, http://www.geocities.com/magnumzine666 ) on september wth plenty of interviews and reviews, and of course, i like to include the "local militia" as the approriate titled section for the local metal bands reviews. and by the ways, i meant broward county, but yeah, i just realized hollywood, fl isn't much of a capital afterall, sorry about that. have you heard the new kult ov azazel occulus infernum? i have been getting word its amazing.

First off-
both hardcore kids and metalheads can be assholes!

both crowds have elitism!

I am a MEtalhead..and not afraid to admit it. I live for metal..I work my ass off in the ktichen at work, come home and practice. It's not all I listen to..but when I play guitar...I want it to grind and go fast!

HArdcore is not a bad genere..I just don't dig it. There are some good bands and bad bands..much like metal.

At the show I went to in SF-The haunted with the hardcore bands...we had ZERO problems. Right when the show started, the security guys said over the PA that metalheads and hardcore fans do things in their own ways, and be respectfull of eatch other. Fighting was not to be tolerated, and people would get thrown out for it.

The hardcore bands were not my cup of tea, but Bleeding through put a good live show on, and they were very supportive of metalheads also..they dug the haunted and the vocalist was all about keeping the underground scene alive via cooperation.

There were no problems, and the hardcore kids and metalheads got along just fine through the whole show.

It's the eltist and posers that cause problems really.

I'm heavy metal at heart but I do like some hardcore bands. I find I dig more heavy metal bands than I do some hardcore. I discovered hardcore around 2001 with bands like Biohazard and Hatebreed I remember. Good thing about hardcore is that they have a lot of energy in the music but it can get pretty simplistic and boring. Seems like hardcore is getting more mainstream now with hardcore bands like Sworn Enemy and Hatebreed signing into major record labels. Also, this "metallic" sounding hardcore is getting more and more popular. Some metalcore like Avenged Sevenfold just blows but I do love some of them.