Has anyone read Dante's "Inferno"???

Unfortunately, my high school didn't enjoy whoring out Shakespeare as much as I'd have liked so I only have the Tempest and Macbeth to do go by. In comparison Tempest > Macbeth. From what I remember, the former had a lot more depth do it.

What are your thoughts on Othello?

PS. They're remaking Beowulf again, this time with Angelina Jolie as Grendel's mom.

pffft, but more importantly , Crispin Glover AS Grendel. Shame it's all creepy-tom-hanks-christmas-train-motion-capture CGI.

I had to read Macbeth last year and it's not so much one of Skakespear's greatests. Anyone else agree?

pfft, you obviously haven't read the huge pile of dogshit called 'The Merchant of Venice' to compare.

Macbeth is fucking genius.

how bout literature in foreign languages?

faust is nucking futs... :erk:

as well as the brother's grim tales being remarkably different than the english translations... very grim

What are your thoughts on Othello?

The robbed that smiles steals something from the thief
He robs himself that spends a bootless grief.

That's pretty much the only Othello I can quote directly... except maybe:

I am one, sir, that comes to tell you your daughter
and the Moor are now making the beast with two backs.

Iago was a dick, but that line caused me a good chuckle.

Söy;6433442 said:
how bout literature in foreign languages?

faust is nucking futs... :erk:

as well as the brother's grim tales being remarkably different than the english translations... very grim

IM ANFANG WAR DIE TAT

actually, that's all I know.

</lame>

Macbeth = awesome.

I generally find that Shakespeare's comedies are way weaker than the tragedies, just because the stories are pretty meh. Best plays are Troilus and Cressida, Julius Ceasar, Hamelt, and King Lear.

I read the Pinsky translation of Dante's Inferno, which has the original Italian on one page, and the English translation on the other, which would be pretty neat if I read Italian.

^ *Insert new kid trying to impress other new kids here*

Go talk in some game thread if you're afraid of books.

Who do I have to impress?

No regular full out smiley? Lame. Instead I'll compensate with a large smiley :danceboy:

Anyway, Dante's Inferno was pretty good. Satan seemed kinda bored. At least in the Canto 34.

<MftS> Who the fuck is the one naming hurricanes?
<MftS> They somehow manage to give them the least threatening names ever.
<MftS> If I turned on the news and heard that Hurricane Erin was coming I'd think to myself, "Erin? I could take that slut."
<MftS> If I turned on the news and heard that Hurricane Dicksmasher was approaching, I'd grab all the money in the house, shove it in my pockets, and get the fuck out of there.

This is what I read. I do enjoy it quite a bit.