have you ever put on a record you liked but havent played recently and dislike it

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
it just happened to me with Volcano by Satyricon . I used to really like that album but I havent played for a few months. I put it on and I couldnt stand it. i had to turn it off in the middle of track 7 . Thing is i can think of no reason why I dislike it just that I do?

This usually happens with stuff that's very catchy and immediate... Like Katatonia "Last Fair Deal Gone Down" for me... I don't really dislike it but I can't really sit through it any more either while I liked it a lot at first and played it all the time.

Opeth - Deliverance. At first, it was very interesting. Now, when I try to listen to it, it's boring and drags on like a fuck.

Oh yeah. I HAVE TO CHANGE MY LIST!

Opeth "Blackwater Park." Liked it a lot of first, can't stand it now. It just draaags ooon and ooon.

Katatonia - last fair deal gone down

it used to be one of my favorite albums, and now it completely bores me, i can't even listen to a whole song

Any power metal I liked for about a month- I liked SOmewhere Far Beyond by BLind Guardian for about two listens- now I just cant listen to it. They are a talented band and all, but i decided after buying 10 power metal records- that all power metal was way overblown, over serious, and repetitive.

Pantera-Far Beyond Driven. For some unknown reason, i bought this a few years back, and for the first month, i loved it. Now, i can't stand looking at it! I tried to listen to it the other day, and i just can't sit through it without cringing and having a queasy feeling in my stomach.

Hmm, probably one of the recent Metallica albums. I still like their old stuff, but I'm sure Load would bore me if I put it on right now.

Enthroned - Any album.

Used to like them waaaaay back, and now when I hear them I can't find one single thing I like about it.