have you heard anything about alexis friend Petri Lindroos(norther)

Gay rip-off band?

Vocals aside they actually really do sound nothing like Children of Bodom, they keyboards in Norther are more prominent than the guitars, something which you obviously dont find with Bodom, they have a totally different approach to solos....really they sound nothing like them in my opinion.

nope i think the band is awesome but petri is a really good guitarist and specially with solos but cant say hes better than alexi...:p

ahh, Norther rips of Bodom discussion number 4,555,339,483,235,123.5

My only question is, why are everyone so hot to call Norther a rip off band, but no one jumps all over the countless NWOBHM bands back in the day that 'rip off' Maiden or Diamond Head or Saxon, the countless Bay Area Thrash bands that 'rip off' Exodus, the countless Death Metal Bands that 'rip off' Florida or New York death metal, the countless Black Metal bands that 'rip off' Burzum or Mayhem, the countless Melo-death bands that 'rip off' AT the Gates....

should I keep going? Its called influence. If you play a style of music, sure you might have some similarities here and there. But if you listen to Death Unlimited, and especially Solution 7(new album, its not out til 30.3.05 tho) you will hear very, very little. Nothing to jump on a band about. I mean everyone don't have to like em, to each their own of course, but i guess the whole rip off thing is getting old.

And yeah, the whole band is really talented. Kride is now endorsed by Jackson(its on their website), which is awesome. Jukkis is prolly one of the best bass players here in Helsinki dare I say it, also.

The whole new EP is fucking amazing, and I heard it in its unmastered form. I heard about two songs totally mastered, and it blew me away. Just wait till you all hear it. It's different, but still fucking amazing. I swear they just keep getting better album after album. I always said if they keep going they way they are going they could easily be one of the top of the crop bands.

I have hellhole in a ripped form that i spent ages cleaning up and it's now fairly decent quality, i fucking love that song!

I agree, norther get fucking stronger every release