Have You Heard These Bands

bodombeach321

New Metal Member
Jul 28, 2004
highlands ranch colorado
Hey i was wondering if any 1 has heard of any of thesse and actually have listened to them. If you could tell me if ne of them are good and who they sound like i might consider buying them but i was j/w if ne of them are bad or good
Abysmal Fall
Ad Noctem / Haemoth
Alastor
Ammit
Amon
Anael
Countess
Fluisterwoud
Gravewürm
Maniac Butcher
Megiddo
Sin Origin

Only thing I've heard off that list is Maniac Butcher. Buy their shit if you like underproduced, grainy sounding, thrashy black metal.

Countess is an very good black metal band with extreemly catchy riffs and a good amount of thrash influence. His ultra expirimental "Shining Swords of Hate" is his crowning achievment though his new album "Heilig Vuur" is top notch as well.

Megiddo is a good black metal band with a lot of thrash influence. "The Devil and the Whore" is a good album to pick up.

Alastor - If you're talking about the one from Poland or Portugal, they're all right, nothing special. If you're talking about another one, then I don't know.
Ammit - Ammit is fairly good at what they do, but not the best in the genre.
Countess - Depending on what album, pretty boring or completely fantastic.
Gravewürm - If you like Hellhammer...
Megiddo - Good for the occasional listen.
Sin Origin - Darkthrone worship done...decent...the songs are overly long however.

The Ad Noctem/Haemoth split is decent enough. Haemoth being the better of the two, though nothing innovative. Standard black metal with some above average melodies. You might want to check out their latest album, Vice, Suffering and Destruction.

I refuse to respond to threads made by people who can't even hide their stupidity with literacy.

Maniac Butcher is awesome.
Anael is worth a listen.
Fluisterwoud is great if you want really brutal BM without becoming Marduk-like and silly.