Bands you should have heard by now...but haven't

I haven't heard the new Darkane - Layers of Lies yet...I only own Rusted Angel the original version and have the others downloaded. I love Lawrence Mackrory.

I've heard so many great things about the and Agalloch but I haven't been able to find anything on them. Can someone find me a link or anything to where I can hear atleast one song of theirs?

Emperor (99% of all popular BM bands actually)
Judas Priest
Nevermore
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Zappa
Kreator
At The Gates
Obituary
Morbid Angel
Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani,...

^I see nothing wrong with this, especially if you have so much creative and interesting stuff out now days, those bands can seem pretty boring, which they pretty much are.

Frank Zappa is definitly one I still need to check out.

Look at classic bands like Sabbath and Priest, the leading force in Metal and are still proving they're the best even today.

You will never beat the classic 80's bands (Venom, Maiden, Kreator, Slayer, Deat, Sepultura)

Alex78 said:
Emperor (99% of all popular BM bands actually)
Judas Priest
Nevermore
Megadeth
Black Sabbath
Zappa
Kreator
At The Gates
Obituary
Morbid Angel
Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani,...

damn man, living under a rock? black sabbath?!

bangadrian said:
i strongly encourage you to do this! try starting out with over-nite sensation, or if you're more into instrumentals then try hot rats

Ive been meaning to check out Zappa for ages. But never knew where to start (being a very very prolific artist), ill check out hot rats. Thanks

I'm more or less in agreement with Evan84--a lot of 'classic' bands are shit, or at least they seem that way to me. Maybe it's because I got into metal somewhat backwards--hearing more recent stuff first. Bands like Black Sabbath and Megadeth don't do all that much for me--I'm sure they were quite original in their day but when compared to bands like Opeth and My Dying Bride, for me there isn't much contest.

Dimmu Borgir, Ayreon, 3 inches of blood, bloodbath(who hasnt heard of this!!), nile.

some older stuff... led zeppelin :)