What bands are bands that you just dont "get"?

Asimis said:
Where have I reflected elitism of anything? I think you are getting a bit defensive/argumentative over this. I just listed some bands that lot of people like but I don't, that's what the topic is about. I am not saying "anybody who likes that is a fool", which is what elitists do.

P.S. For the record I like Britney Spears.

I should have clarified, but I didn't mean you specifically.

Prince? What the fuck is the deal with Prince? Don't tell me ti listen to Purple Rain and then i'll understand, because i have and i just don't get it.

Would anyone care to explain.

If some one could explain Velvet Revolver while they're at it, that would be good. On paper that should probably be the best band in the world, in practice? Utter tosh.

Asimis said:
I tried to like Cannibal Corpse but after listening to bands like Death, Theory in Practice, etc the death metal that CC does is incredibly poor to me, kinda like all muscle and no brain music. Hard? Yes, but hardy melodic or emotional.
Music doesn't have to be melodic or emotional neccesarily to sound good. ;)

Powers said:
Early stuff was good, later stuff was just plain shite.

To me it is the reverse, I love her "In The Zone" album and think it is her best also other singles like "Do Something" and "Chaotic". If she continues in that direction and sound with her music it will be great. Sure, she has gotten skankier in her lastest releases but then again that is part of what I like :)

Kenneth R. said:

For example?

Kenneth R. said:
Prince had some good tunes. Velvet Revolver as well, although compared to the bands their members derive from, they are hardly noteworthy.

Exactly, VR should be incredible but they're just so mediocre. I'll never get into prince, at least i doubt i will. Literally he doesn't have any affect on me at all.

Asimis said:
To me it is the reverse, I love her "In The Zone" album and think it is her best also other singles like "Do Something" and "Chaotic". If she continues in that direction and sound with her music it will be great. Sure, she has gotten skankier in her lastest releases but then again that is part of what I like :)

"Toxic" was good. She's sort of hit and miss.

Powers said:
"Toxic" was good. She's sort of hit and miss.
more often miss, which is why she asks to be hit again. it's like she's praying for a single because although she has a passable voice, and (for some odd reason which I certainly don't get) sex appeal, she will have nearly no impact whatsoever in the longterm of music history & importance. her music (along with similar acts) isn't from the soul since she doesn't write the songs, has hardly anything significant to say, etc etc. It's just as half-assed as any other celebrity bid. I'm not a pop music hater, but I certainly can't credit Britney or any of her contemporaries.