What bands are bands that you just dont "get"?

Goober

Noob
Dec 20, 2004
if you are an idiot and dont understand what i mean, which bands do you not like but a lot of do and you dont really know why?

For me,

Black sabbath:...im sorry....i really am, but this band just doesnt interest me at all

Led Zepplin:....nuff said

Nirvana

Most porupine tree

Just about all metallica:....ok now i know i've hit a nerve in most everyone, but i truly do not see what is so great about them, and yes, ive listened to many old songs too. but i find them boring.... Let the flaming begin.....now

out of the ones you said, definitely nirvana and maybe black sabbath. i cant think of others right now, but tool used to kind of be one for me. i thought they were good, but didnt understand why they got so much praise. then one day it was like i woke up from the matrix and i understood everything.

I agree on PT, but Metallica did it for me in the past. They were Gods to me. Not anymore btw...

For me:

Radiohead
Deus (belgian band)
Cradle of Filth (psss...)
Katatonia just doesn't get me yet (I've tried...)
Many more I don't remember cus they are shit

Nirvana. wth is with them? I never understood why people thought they were good. Inspirational to a bunch of people myself not included, but on far, far too many "best band ever" lists.

Nightwish. Honestly they're probably one of the worst female fronted band's I've ever heard. Yet they're practically mainstream when far superior bands stalk in their shadow. Completely absurd. Not to mention it seems that a majority of people like them because of the scene, their popularity, or because it's cool to. I'll take Trance of Mine any day.

Radiohead. Good band. Not the best thing since the invention of the wheel. Highly, highly, highly overrated. They are not supernatural beings from beyond. They are just a good band. The same remarks go for Tool.

Dream Theater. Alright, I love their early albums and like their mid-career stuff. What I don't get is how people can still gush over everything Portnoy and Petrucci fart out, especially when the bands who formed to rip them off can do it better and with less wanktastic boringness. I don't think these guys are the greatest band ever to grace the face of the earth either. They're (were) just good.

Megadeth. Sorry, they're boring. Metallica (was) much better. Must be why Dave still has a grudge.

People like Tool because they don't know any better and probably heard them on the radio and everyone at school was like "Omg Tool are am so sma...sco... coolness?!1??" and they were like "Oh my Goodness, indeed Tool art most great indeed!" But because this person knew proper English and showed some form of intelligence, he/she was outcast from the school and eventually killed himherself.

I used to not get Meshuggah, didn't understand but they grew on me and I'm now a proud owner of Destroy Erase Improve, I, Nothing, and Catch33. [[Omg had to fix the typos haha. ]]

October Tide. They suck but everyone seems to wub them. I blame the overuse of reverb that creates an invisible wall of atmosphere that really doesn't exist.

Kenneth R. said:
Nirvana. wth is with them? I never understood why people thought they were good. Inspirational to a bunch of people myself not included, but on far, far too many "best band ever" lists.

Nightwish. Honestly they're probably one of the worst female fronted band's I've ever heard. Yet they're practically mainstream when far superior bands stalk in their shadow. Completely absurd. Not to mention it seems that a majority of people like them because of the scene, their popularity, or because it's cool to. I'll take Trance of Mine any day.

Radiohead. Good band. Not the best thing since the invention of the wheel. Highly, highly, highly overrated. They are not supernatural beings from beyond. They are just a good band. The same remarks go for Tool.

Dream Theater. Alright, I love their early albums and like their mid-career stuff. What I don't get is how people can still gush over everything Portnoy and Petrucci fart out, especially when the bands who formed to rip them off can do it better and with less wanktastic boringness. I don't think these guys are the greatest band ever to grace the face of the earth either. They're (were) just good.

Megadeth. Sorry, they're boring. Metallica (was) much better. Must be why Dave still has a grudge.
Well I liked Pirates of the Carribean, and some of the newer Nightwish songs (which I started with) have a somewhat small resemblance to the Pirates of the Carribean score, so I liked it and it grew on me. :) They fired Tarja, maybe they'll find someone who's not a twöt to fill in her spot.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention tool also, i find them to be pretty boring and repetitive

Meshuggah, however I havent really given them much of a try so that might change in the future.

Dream Theater, again I just get turned off by them very quickly when I try to listen.

Kenneth R. said:
Okay, that's your opinion, except they are the greatest band on the face of the earth to me. Think what you want, they still produce great albums.

Kenneth R. said:
I hugely disagree with this. Although they haven't been as successful, I think their music is much more appreciative and Dave's voice sounds like nobody else's. Dave could probably destroy Hetfield and Hammett at guitar, too. Metallica sucks now, but Megadeth has produced one good album after another.

Some bands I don't get:

Tool. I can't stand them and I don't know why people like them.

Nevermore. I don't hate them, but from what I've heard I don't really like their stuff.

Children Of Bodom.

Dragonforce.

Yep...