What bands are bands that you just dont "get"?

Goober said:
oh nvm, i re-read what you said lol. it wasnt that that bad at all, please continue.
Allrighty then. ;)

I got more:

Mayhem (yep)

GWAR

Def Leppard

Any hair metal band ever

Stratovarius

Did I say Tool? I'll say it again.

Tool.

Dimmu Borgir (Did I say that already?)

Can't think of anymore at the moment...

Slayer
Utterly terrible band. The only good aspect of Reign in Blood (supposedly their 'classic' album) is that it's only about half an hour long which makes it almost possible to sit through the entire thing without wanting to pierce my eardrums with an icepick. I never understood how a band this poor became an inspiration for so many bands (unless it was the "ha ha these guys can't play, we can do better" kind of inspiration in which case I totally understand).

Dream Theater
Boring, pretentious, lifeless, emotionless, cheesy. That about sums them up. Don't get why anyone would voluntarily listen to this. Sure they can play their instruments, but what's the point if you can't write a decent song?

Meshuggah
The whole math thing is a nice gimmick but it doesn't seem to make for very interesting music because everything I've heard by them sounds pretty much the same all the way through, boring. And since I'm not a musician and can't really grasp what they are actually doing, the whole technical side of it (if there is any) isn't something I get a kick out of either.

And just large amounts of "true" black metal bands and "brutal/technical" death metal bands in general.

Oh! And anything that somehow involves Mike Patton.

There's something about Slayer that i like, possibly it's just there pure fucking aggresion of their music. They'd have fair better if they'd just remained a hardcore band because at the end of the day, they cant play and neither can hardcore bands.

Morbid Angel. Just a bit too generic / boring death metal for me. Cannibal Corpse is the same way, and they've just gotten worse over time, should've quit when Barnes left.

CC should have quit before they started. That noise is an affront to my civilised ears.

Cannibal Corpse, Nile and Porcupine Tree......

The first two just sound like noise to me :ill: and PT's music is so damn dull.