Have you listened to 'Morningrise' lately...

Thanks to my "friend," I've had over 75 of my cds stolen, including every one of my Opeth albums. The worst part is that he can't even appreciate Opeth, or any of the bands whose albums he stole. All he does is play something heavy while getting so drunk that he can't move anymore. I don't know if if makes me more mad that he stole from me or that he can't appreciate the beauty of extreme metal.

It's strange, but since I started visiting this forum regularly, I find myself listening to "Morningrise" a LOT more often than before. On the bus, in school, when walking through Kungsbacka (a Swedish city) and in my bed in the middle of the night...

at least 3 times this week,but i find myself getting away from the early stuff and going back and forth between Still life and Blackwater Park,life ain't so bad!!

Yes...this message board is becoming a healthy fetish of mine lately I must admit. Great to see the notice board on the Opeth site online again also. A pleasure to visit. The next step is upgrading these speakers I feel! ha ha Are you able to see Opeth live much living in Sweden? :)

Haven't listened to Morningrise this week (I intend to correct that in the next few days), but I did listen to Blackwater Park three times. and all those who have stolen Opeth albums...each and every one will die by their rightful owner's hand!

If a so called "friend" stole anything from me I would be very pissed, but an Opeth cd now thats just crossing the line way to far.

NP: Still Life

Even though I don't have my Opeth stuff back, I feel a little bit better. The traitor was spotted at an Opeth show wearing MAYH shirt (that he had stolen from me) and a true friend of mine recognised him and my shirt, and (this brings a smile to my face) proceeded to kick the shit out of him after the show.

Originally posted by Jo
Are you able to see Opeth live much living in Sweden? :)

Not really. When they played the show in Borås (in Sweden) with Porcupine Tree, they hadn't played live in Sweden for 4 or 5 years. Now they will play a concert at the Hultsfreds Festival this summer. If I'm honest I think it'll take some time after that before we'll get to see them live in Sweden again...

First before my silliness makes me forget, I would have had a major problem NOT going straight to this friend's place of dwelling and continued to pummel him to a pulp. F#$king prick. Then he's got the NERVE to wear your Opeth shirts in public?? GRR! :mad:

Now, on to the main subject of this post. "HAVE I BEEN LISTENING TO MORNINGRISE LATELY?" Hm. YES! It's been a part of my car for the past 2 weeks. I get in my car, and the Morningrise begins. It's great. Talk about waking me up. I get in the car for work in the morning (6:30) and I hear a quiet little piece of say..."Nectar" and I've got to HEAR it better. So, I'm up. Whether I want to be or not. There's that certain volume level that's just right and I can hear and appreciate every sound. Apparently for me that's loud. :)

Mmmmm. I've have parts from all over that album playing by themselves in my head for two weeks now. Today I've designated as the final day for Morningrise. I've been working my way backwards through the albums since I've gotten my first few listens of BWP. Well, maybe more than a few! But they've been getting about two weeks each since. I tell ya, the new guy...Angry :confused: I can totally understand what you said about being able to listen to Opeth over and over and just not get sick of it. I haven't needed a "break" since day one.

LYNN

Lines stuck in my head now:

Leave me speechless, release my yearning.
The soil I walk is clad with light.
Drifting moons thrust me with their raise,
And I fall inSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!!

\m/ :D \m/

Our own bands never play in Sweden! Opeth did the gig in Borås, but haven´t played here since 1995 before that. Therion made a gig at the 2000 Decibel Festival in Bengtfors this weeken, their first concert in Sweden since 1996. Arch Enemy seems to only focus on Japan, Tiamat on the German market and so on. We rarely have any good concerts in Sweden, with one great exception: the Close Up Made Us Do It-tour with The Haunted, Nine and Nasum who even visited Hässleholm, a little town some 2-3 miles from Åhus (my homevillage).

Thats what I have been saying all along if Opeth is going to do a gig in Sweden how the hell could the just pass the NW of the US that is crazy! :)

Originally posted by svenske kocken
...Tiamat on the German market and so on. We rarely have any good concerts in Sweden,...

I saw Tiamat live in Örebro thursday last week. It was one of the best concerts I've every been to. It was a small place and not very crowded. Stood at the front row the whole concert and shook hands with Johan Edlund when the show was over. :)