HCDR Guitarsound

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Yesterday I finally got HCDR. Yes, I know it's late, but mailorder was slow and it just came out a few days ago in my area.
Even if I knew it before the sound that came out of my speakers when I put the cd in blew me away!!
I recognized that the height of the guitars are a lot sharper than in the previous CoB releases IMO.
I was wondering if the guitars were played through a new amp. Could be a Mesa Rectifier.
What do you think?

grtz, Head

HeadCrusher said:
Yesterday I finally got HCDR. Yes, I know it's late, but mailorder was slow and it just came out a few days ago in my area.
Even if I knew it before the sound that came out of my speakers when I put the cd in blew me away!!
I recognized that the height of the guitars are a lot sharper than in the previous CoB releases IMO.
I was wondering if the guitars were played through a new amp. Could be a Mesa Rectifier.
What do you think?

grtz, Head

No idea how they created the sound, but I totally agree the production and....guitar sound rule.

Fifth_Horseman said:
Well, it was the first time they recorded several layers of each guitar part and put them together, thus creating a heavier sound.
It's called overdubbing I think.

overdubbing is for a fat guitar sound, yes. but do you really think that it will make the heights sharper (like on HCDR)?