he speaketh

yeah so i was wanting to say that this board still kicks ass. who gives a shit if it is contantly off topic? we all love nevermore and a lot of us have a sense of humor. it's a message board, why should it take itself so seriously? i mean, goddamn. . .

has anyone unlocked the secret behind EoR yet? WD says that there is an underlying theme that we should pick up on regarding the lyrics. any clues yet, anyone?

shit. . . i'm felling pretty good. . . gonna go listen to some IN THE WOODS. . .

i thought this thread was going to have a point, but i forgot, so i'll give it a purpose, a subject to debate:

cheese

dead6skin6mask6 said:
hiding your thoughts from yourself
"i feigned my ambivalence with a smile"
"who knows who really decides?"
"shift and change"
"regret everything"

"'shift and change'"

[with hispanic accent] it's "twist and change," stupid!

dead6skin6mask6 said:
"shift and change"
"regret everything"

so....let's see...

"I feigned my ambivalence to cheese with a smile"
"who knows cheese? Who really decides?"
"shift and cheese"
"regret cheese."

I think I regret cheese, already.

dead6skin6mask6 said:
hey, i havent slept in nearly 40 hours, mind your p's and q's. it's pretty much the same thing anyway
Ah...good ol' sleep dep. You're right. Ps and Qs ARE about the same...especially with a mouthfull of monterey pepper jack cheese! Wooooo.

cheeeezy quesadillas mmmm....
you take one tortilla and spread queso sauce on that, then sprinkle shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese on that, top with another tortilla, microwave for 30 seconds, cut into four pieces, and you've got our favorite night time snack.
now i have to kill you

dead6skin6mask6 said:
"shift and change"
"regret everything"

Denial.
I think it's about denial of reality, the reality being that we are the useless by-products of soulless meat: ie we are worthless; nothing. We are the enemies of reality because we choose not to accept it. We will be swallowed into the nothing that we are, grating against the norm (our conrtolled denial). We are the nothing and we speak for all that never was.

something along those lines anyway.

I think you're all off on the hidden thread or meaning of EOR. (and your taste in cheese!!)

I think this...It's partly about the truth. Everything is the truth, nothing is the truth. Since all truth is clouded by opinion, and others "truths". Look at the news. We see it, but is it really the truth? Or the perceptions of how the camera man wanted to shoot the image? Or how it's presented to the audience by an anchor person.

Everyone has their own reality. Some it's one way, others it's another. No stronger drug than reality? I don't know about that one, I'd have to take issue with that concept, and I don't fucking feel like it. I'm eating "CHEEZITS". Basically I feel it's how your life has been what *your* reality will be, and whether or not it's a potent drug. Sorry, poverty and hunger? I don't quite think that's a drug. But, that's me being a shit. Drugs tend to be an escape. And who's running to reality for an escape? I dunno!!!

Who's the ENEMY? Ever heard the old saying..."You're your own worst enemy?" That's it. That's who the enemy is. YOU. YOurself, and your perceptions. WD says, "I'm not your saviour". Well, who is then? You are. You are the answer to what truth is. What reality is. And you take this with a grain of salt....because Nevermore says they are the enemies of reality. Eek.

Protanganistic. Antagonistic. Meant only to open your mind to get you to consider what your reality is. What your truth is, and who the real enemy is. You always get in your way worse than anyone else would.

Anyway, when I sat down and read all the lyrics with the headphones on....it was clear to me then. But, shit, I didn't refer to anything. I'm just shooting my mouth off. But, one last mouth shot: Truth is subjective!!!

I prefer a nice sharp cheddar. Mozzarella. Smoky Gouda. And Blue Cheese with my dressing. There, I'm still on topic, whilst spouting off.

:)