TITLE:Brooks is the man. SUBTITLE:A few things regarding Nevermore.

ledmag said:
Some ppl seem to think just becouse a band just so happens to be their "MOSTEST FAVORITEST BAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD" the band can do no wrong .
these are the people that still buy metallica albums.
-neal

Oh, Metallica can do PLENTY wrong. But I'm gonna buy the album because they've proven they can also do plenty right. Saying "This album is going to suck" ahead of time is just as closed-minded as saying "This album is going to rule." I'll probably get it used, though, unless Amoeba has it for cheap.

What would you have to fear about Enemies of Reality? It's not like they are going to make a cd full of pointless, simplistic music. I mean, there is going to be an instrumental song on it. It's not possible for Nevermore to sell out, so why even try? With DHiaDW they didn't try to sell out, they just made a cd of raw emotion. Maybe it did sound a little nu-metallish, but that is because nu is only raw angst. DHiaDW is the same way, just the angst is directed in a more intelligent way. I'll say this, I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR ENEMIES OF REALITY!!!!! IT SHALL KICK ALL OF THE DISBELIEVERS' ASSES! But first, I CAN'T WAIT FOR OPETH-DAMNATION!!!!

TEE>>>I wouldnt be afraid of the new cd, but i am expecting some of the same sounds as i described above. BUt as i said, even with those sounds, DHIADW is still superior to any other metal cd IMO.
I just had to adress thses sounds, since ppl haev been saying the sounds arent there, and i ahev been reading "the sounds arent there", since the cd came out hahahahha.

Rest In Peace- Renske Witzen "Ethereal Sadness"
September 25 1982- August 9 2002
The nevermore board will sorely miss you.

-----------------

:err:

when will it leave your signature? you think it makes sense? it reminds me too much of somebody moving around this area... you're letting her live, hmm.... noble man you are...

well, i said i would do it sometime. I just hadnt thought about it. Actually, im getting tired of haveing to scroll down so far eveytime, just cause teh sigs in my posts.
I may edit that stuff later.

Brooks said:
Nevermore was so great before DHIADW because they were pushing themselves that much harder. With the layered guitars, thick haunting textured dissonance that made it sound like sirens signaling the end of the world. It all added into Nevermore's flavor, that something was wrong, and something needed to be done about it. Nevermore was all about challanging what people were bred to think, politically, spiritually, and socially. Now, I know this isn't DIRECTLY related to just using a 7 string, but when that thing was brought out for the last album, some of that magical Nevermore ideology was lost, in favor of a more cookie cutter, straightforward, A to B to C songwriting.

The Engines of Hate guitar solo was pretty badass though ;)

Why doesn't everyone just wait for EoR before they hang Nevermore out to dry. How many people are going to buy it when it goes on sale?? Better think hard about it, I mean you don't want to waste another 13 to 17 dollars on a CD from a band who, out of 4 & 1/2 CD's, only made 3 & 1/2 good ones.

Thou DNB and Poe were my favs I still find it to be a great CD. Awaiting EoR.

neal said:
these are the people that still buy metallica albums.
-neal

Speaking of shit metal, poops, shit I mean Oops. Is any one going to purchase the new metallica album. I must admit I will down load it from Kazaa, if I can, just to see how shitty it is. Even though they still put on an awesome show. Summer sanitarium kicked ass, oh wait Hetfield wasn't there, that must of been why. :D

TheSinMakesYouReal said:
Why doesn't everyone just wait for EoR before they hang Nevermore out to dry. How many people are going to buy it when it goes on sale?? Better think hard about it, I mean you don't want to waste another 13 to 17 dollars on a CD from a band who, out of 4 & 1/2 CD's, only made 3 & 1/2 good ones.

Thou DNB and Poe were my favs I still find it to be a great CD. Awaiting EoR.

Uhh, we are waiting for the newie. DUHHH. ANd all of us will buy it. ANd we shal buy the one after EOR as well.

The sin makes you real......nope......BLOOD does.

ledmag said:
Uhh, we are waiting for the newie. DUHHH. ANd all of us will buy it. ANd we shal buy the one after EOR as well.

The sin makes you real......nope......BLOOD does.

Do you even know what "the sin makes you real" means, dude?