Headbanger's Ball

Infinity Cubed said:
Okay, I watch Headbanger's Ball every night from 7 to 9 (religiously), and lately I've been unpleasantly surprised by all the shitty metal that has been showing up on that show. They've been playing gay emo bands like... ?Bullet for my Valentine? WTF??
It's MTV, what do you want?
I don't think BFMV are shitty but that's a matter pf personal preference. But serously, MTV is gonna play what gets ratings and right now BFMV and bands like them are -- that's partly MTV's fault but it's also dumbasses (like me?) who don't know/ can't appreciate real metal

EDIT: BFMV are not emo BTW
thanks to spectacular (below) for pointing that out

Know what you mean...when the ball first came back it was really good...I remember the first episode had Kataklysm...and it seems this year they'll play two ACTUAL metal videos, and the rest is all shit that can be and IS played on regular MTV programming...really sucks...

Babykabob said:
Know what you mean...when the ball first came back it was really good...I remember the first episode had Kataklysm...and it seems this year they'll play two ACTUAL metal videos, and the rest is all shit that can be and IS played on regular MTV programming...really sucks...

i have never found anything on headbanger's ball that was on mtv2's playlist
dierthouse by static-x( :puke: ) is probably the only one i'd expect on mtv or mtv2

Every attempt by MTV to be metal or punk has always been a failure. I knew from the start that Headbangers ball would die in my eyes. We get the same shit here in canada with Much music. All this Much Loud and The punk show are just lame half assed attempts to make me think the franchise is cool and will add myself to the hords of sheep that make pop culture there religion these days.

ender7227 said:
i have never found anything on headbanger's ball that was on mtv2's playlist
dierthouse by static-x( :puke: ) is probably the only one i'd expect on mtv or mtv2

Ive seen Slipknot, Disturbed, Static X, Guns N Roses, Atreyu, Sevendust, Deftones, 10 years, and Avenged Sevenfold on there all the time...I've also seen Dark New Day, I think Korn has been played also...all bands I've seen on regular play MTV or MTV2 at one time or another...

Babykabob said:
Ive seen Slipknot, Disturbed, Static X, Guns N Roses, Atreyu, Sevendust, Deftones, 10 years, and Avenged Sevenfold on there all the time...I've also seen Dark New Day, I think Korn has been played also...all bands I've seen on regular play MTV or MTV2 at one time or another...

i was thinking about last week
ok so im wrong in that point
still they play opeth, trivium, etc (i dont feel like dealing with mtv2's sucky ass site -- look it up)

There are enough metal bands that do videos that it could potentially be decent, but they insist on mostly playing very recent videos, in which case it does become hard to fill all that time with actual metal bands. I think Fuse sometimes had slightly better material with Uranium, but then they changed the format to mainly be about a single band, and then played three videos in half an hour, usually two of which were the featured band. I haven't watched that or HB in half a year at least.

MasterOLightning said:
There are enough metal bands that do videos that it could potentially be decent, but they insist on mostly playing very recent videos, in which case it does become hard to fill all that time with actual metal bands. I think Fuse sometimes had slightly better material with Uranium, but then they changed the format to mainly be about a single band, and then played three videos in half an hour, usually two of which were the featured band. I haven't watched that or HB in half a year at least.

uranium used to kick ass and i loved it so much better than HB but it has turned to shit
3 videos in a half hour? not worth the space on my DVR
both aren't, actually...

ender7227 said:
uranium used to kick ass and i loved it so much better than HB but it has turned to shit
3 videos in a half hour? not worth the space on my DVR
both aren't, actually...

haha, funny you say that, I record every HB on my DVR, and end up fast forwarding through almost the whole program...It takes me 10 mins to watch an hour episode...I'm not tryin to say it needs to get booted...but it WAS better until recently...and the few good videos they do play are worth the fast forwarding through the gay ones...

Babykabob said:
haha, funny you say that, I record every HB on my DVR, and end up fast forwarding through almost the whole program...It takes me 10 mins to watch an hour episode...I'm not tryin to say it needs to get booted...but it WAS better until recently...and the few good videos they do play are worth the fast forwarding through the gay ones...

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
i do the exact same thing!
it only takes me 5 to get through uranium IF they have a decent video
DVR's are the shit:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

ender7227 said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
i do the exact same thing!
it only takes me 5 to get through uranium IF they have a decent video
DVR's are the shit:hotjump:

hell yeah...Uranium is :puke: ...its usually just Juliya doin the same dumb shit she's always doin...saying fuck way more than necessary trying to be a hardass and throwin the \m/ like she's dio...haha... but when they do something smart and actually just play videos its not bad...I saw one that was ALL videos and they played The Black Dahlia Murder, CoB, and a few other good ones...:zombie: