Headbanger's Ball

Carcassian said:
I think you misunderstand me. I don't know you well enough to think you're a dumbass. It is fairly apparent that you struggle to express yourself in a written format, and therefore you might be having trouble in articulating your thoughts.

Thus, when you type what appears to be a load of old bollocks, you might just be coming across wrong. I'm sure in person you are as erudite, well informed and charming as the next man on here.

Honest.
again, i appreciate that
actually i have no trouble expressing myself the majority of the time. the only trouble is i'm too lazy to check my spelling or to capitalize correctly. i am at a natural disadvantage at this board, however, because my tastes aren't as extreme. however, this board is the best i have found in people and in format, and i am willing and eager to learn -- i have already discovered many new and excellent bands here thanks to all of you
btw the reason i call myself a dumbass is for humor and because i do not have the "metal education" ya'll have

The Greys said:
You know people watching MTV before catch some of the show turning the channel. Headbangers Ball could atleast start with 1,2 real metal bands so even teeny boppers do not think metal bands are talentless along with everyone else in the world. The show is not going to help other people not familiar with metal get into the genre. The show is just promoting closemindess & a false perception of a genre. MTV can suck my balls.

Even MTV regulars probably find the music on the show shit. That's how bad it is. Someone needs to stop it before people have to stop wearing metal-shirts in public.

I agree. My dad walked in during a Cradle of Filth video (and asked "what planet are they from" :lol: ) and he stayed for an Unearth video. Now he probably thinks all metal is that bad. :rolleyes:

Thankfully I've never had the horrid chance to lay my eyes upon MTV. Therefore, I can still listen to Cradle of Filth, whilst enjoying their music.

Babykabob said:
Know what you mean...when the ball first came back it was really good...I remember the first episode had Kataklysm...and it seems this year they'll play two ACTUAL metal videos, and the rest is all shit that can be and IS played on regular MTV programming...really sucks...

Nothing's changed.. it was the same way in the 80s/90s.. Exactly the same way. Just now its the latest incarnation of Glam rock.. Instead of Poison, Winger or Bon jovi etc... it's Trivium, Korn, Cradle of Filth etc... Nothing's changed at all. All that crap.. then like he said.. 2 actual metal vids. Not worth it now.. not worth it then.

Quebec's version is better imo. 30 minutes of clips from good bands such as Cryptopsy, Nile, Napalm death, etc.

ender7227 said:
:OMG:
i cant stand cradle of filth... the only song i like by them is nymphetamine... and not even that is overly amazing... but to each his own!:headbang:

I never understand you people who hate bands......except for one song.

Well, CoF is one of my favourite bands and I personally don't care what people think. Though, if you're a fan of Nymphetamine, I take it you probably haven't heard much from CoF or at least not their earlier/better albums.

VampyrRose said:
I never understand you people who hate bands......except for one song.

Well, CoF is one of my favourite bands and I personally don't care what people think. Though, if you're a fan of Nymphetamine, I take it you probably haven't heard much from CoF or at least not their earlier/better albums.
no i have not heard any if their albums, just stuff i have downloaded
im cheap/poor
and you should never care about what people think of your favorite bands:headbang:
what album do you think i would like considering i am a fan of nymphetamine?

ender7227 said:
no i have not heard any if their albums, just stuff i have downloaded
im cheap/poor
and you should never care about what people think of your favorite bands:headbang:
what album do you think i would like considering i am a fan of nymphetamine?

Most likely the album Nympetamine would appeal to you, if any...though I'm not quite sure what you have downloaded. I prefer their first 4 albums as opposed to any of their recent few.

And I don't care what people think of the music I listen to, its just stupid when people criticize CoF for being on MTV. I mean, that sort of criticism is understandable, but then ask yourself why are you constantly watching MTV in the first place? I certainly don't watch it.

ender7227 said:
It's MTV, what do you want?
I don't think BFMV are shitty but that's a matter pf personal preference. But serously, MTV is gonna play what gets ratings and right now BFMV and bands like them are -- that's partly MTV's fault but it's also dumbasses (like me?) who don't know/ can't appreciate real metal

EDIT: BFMV are not emo BTW
thanks to spectacular (below) for pointing that out
No there a homoerotic version of the 80's hairband Autograph.
And you are right you don't know jack and shit about metal.

Killbot_Mk.2 said:
I criticize CoF because they are bad Black Metal not because they are on MTV

But CoF isn't black metal.....??? And why do people criticize bands for not playing into specific genres?