Headbanger's Ball

C'mon, 98% of metal bands who produce videos are fucking terrible to begin with. The other 2% really SHOULDN'T be producing videos either, because they're better than the shit that they'll be up against on any visual broadcast medium.

Décadent said:
C'mon, 98% of metal bands who produce videos are fucking terrible to begin with. The other 2% really SHOULDN'T be producing videos either, because they're better than the shit that they'll be up against on any visual broadcast medium.

i disagree with your percentages but yeah most of them are shit artists or shit videos
thus the aforementioned 5 minute DVR episodes

see ur point...but there's no harm in reaching out to a broader audience...unless you're Opeth and you're video is The Grand Conjuration...that video is AAWWFFUULL...:puke: not their fault tho...they showed up, shot their performance scenes and left, and left some douchebag to conjure up the rest of the ridiculous crap the video consists of...

I've never seen it in the 80's but the show has always sucks. Mainly punk/metalcore is played.

One time I saw a King Diamond video. I'm not going to watch an hour show maybe hoping to see atleast 1 metal band.

Oh god what a stupid thing to bitch about. If you've been into metal for more than ten minutes you should have already worked out that mainstream metal tv/radio programs are just going to reflect whatever the popular trends are and should be avoided unless you like being spoonfed your music by corporate marketing men. Thread over.

You know people watching MTV before catch some of the show turning the channel. Headbangers Ball could atleast start with 1,2 real metal bands so even teeny boppers do not think metal bands are talentless along with everyone else in the world. The show is not going to help other people not familiar with metal get into the genre. The show is just promoting closemindess & a false perception of a genre. MTV can suck my balls.

Even MTV regulars probably find the music on the show shit. That's how bad it is. Someone needs to stop it before people have to stop wearing metal-shirts in public.

Décadent said:

Actually, unless it's a live clip, you're dead right.

Metal videos are usually awful, unless you appreciate long, lingering shots of men miming along in a forest, factory or quarry.

I think you misunderstand me. I don't know you well enough to think you're a dumbass. It is fairly apparent that you struggle to express yourself in a written format, and therefore you might be having trouble in articulating your thoughts.

Thus, when you type what appears to be a load of old bollocks, you might just be coming across wrong. I'm sure in person you are as erudite, well informed and charming as the next man on here.

Honest.